Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tsuyoi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2005
Hello,
My source list in itunes has turned up missing and I haven't a clue as to how to get it back. I cannot find any way to get the missing source list back. I uninstalled the program, reinstalled, and the source list was still missing. Does anyone know how to remedy this problem?

thanks,
tsuyoi

tsuyoi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2005
Solved my own problem. In case anyone has the problem that I had and comes waundering into this forum looking for the solution as I did, here's how to get a missing source list back. Search for the preference files called "iTunes.pref" delete both files and then run itunes again. Setup will have to run to restore the files, which should be the defaults that include a source list. Good luck.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
tsuyoi said:
Solved my own problem. In case anyone has the problem that I had and comes waundering into this forum looking for the solution as I did, here's how to get a missing source list back. Search for the preference files called "iTunes.pref" delete both files and then run itunes again. Setup will have to run to restore the files, which should be the defaults that include a source list. Good luck.
Is it really named iTunes.pref, not com.apple.iTunes.plist?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.