Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skittles90623

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
I'm looking for an iPad 2 Car Mount for my Black Accord. I would like one with those goose necks I could have that would 90 degrees from my radio/cd player /ac, etc (sorta like the way some police officers used to carry their laptops with the back facing away from the passenger door ).. It has to be somewhat affordable too.

There were some DIY pictures on a thread, but I want it to look good.

Pictures and Links would be much appreciated!:)

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
This isn't for the front seat but is a headrest mounted system for the backseat, maybe you could contact the company to see if they have a front seat mounting solution. I bought a CoolVue, it's expensive but very solid, extends to a lot of angles and the iPad can rotate on the chassis. It doesn't swing around at all once you get it into the position you want, very tight. It's been a lifesaver on long road trips with our 3 year old.

Toucoul CoolVue

skittles90623

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
ahh, i would have no use for that.. i want to use the iPad myself in the front seat :)

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
Ram Mount all the way, then.

Here is mine in my previous car (1999 Honda Accord). I have since migrated to a 2011 Honda Pilot, but have no pictures.

RamMountiPadCarMount-2.jpg

RamMountiPadCarMount-3.jpg

RamMountiPadCarMount-4.jpg

RamMountiPadCarMount-5.jpg

RamMountiPadCarMount-6.jpg

RamMountiPadCarMount-7.jpg

RamMountiPadCarMount-8.jpg

RamMountiPadCarMount-9.jpg

RamMountiPadCarMount-10.jpg

The Norman

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009
This is why Apple needs to make a car deck. I admire the ridiculous amount of creativity everyone is using, but come on - an Apple deck would sell like hotcakes

ZGXtreme

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
This is why Apple needs to make a car deck. I admire the ridiculous amount of creativity everyone is using, but come on - an Apple deck would sell like hotcakes

If they partnered with a US manufacturer for a double DIN touchscreen running a modified iOS it would be sweet! Apps for both entertainment (movies on headrest screens, etc.) and utility (such as Navigation, Vehicle Diagnostics, Fuel Mileage, etc.) would be money. Could AirPlay from your iPhone or iPad just the same as with the ATV2.

With the introduction of WiFi Sync, could sync and update the system when you park at home.

Last edited:

realbrandon

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2011
Princeton, NJ
I am looking for a good one myself. The suggestions in this thread so far are still ghetto-like. Sorry guys

I'm looking for an iPad 2 Car Mount for my Black Accord. I would like one with those goose necks I could have that would 90 degrees from my radio/cd player /ac, etc (sorta like the way some police officers used to carry their laptops with the back facing away from the passenger door ).. It has to be somewhat affordable too.

There were some DIY pictures on a thread, but I want it to look good.

Pictures and Links would be much appreciated!:)

skittles90623

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
the ram really isn't all that bad. it certainly doesn't scream luxury or anything like that, but i might look into it if there's no other option. it would match with my black dash.

yourtoys7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2007
Im surprised my self that there isn't much out there! I think there is large market for them, we all want to watch something on the road and something kids can schare between 2 front seats...
still looking:apple:

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
What would be non-ghetto or considered luxurious?

I think an iDevice to begin with is not over luxurious looking. Just my opinion in what I think is luxurious.

skittles90623

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Something like the JoyFactory was exactly what I was looking for, but in thtat video, the iPad did look a little wobbly when he was using it.

----------

but you know, that might be as good as it gets. i guess its eithe rthe ram or joyfactory

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.