Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcomac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
im downloading lion right now and its SLOWWWWWWWW. when i downloaded 10.6.8 which was about .5 GB it took about half hour. lion has been downloading for over 4 hours and its not even half done! :eek: :(
how long did it take for you to download it?

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
im downloading lion right now and its SLOWWWWWWWW. when i downloaded 10.6.8 which was about .5 GB it took about half hour. lion has been downloading for over 4 hours and its not even half done! :eek: :(
how long did it take for you to download it?

Ummm, 10.6.8 was a maintenance release. Lion is a full OS update. You expect it to be 500MB? It's almost 4GB.

[DL]

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2010
Louisiana
Well, I was at a campground, so I think it took around two to three days, mainly because I had to pause the download every now and again.

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
Thread titled " Lion Is Slow " so I expected to read a thread about performance issue and instead find a complaint about download times which are what is to be expected for a download of its size.

Oh well, yeah it took quite a while to download ..... but it IS a big download.

SerrQ

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2011
Iceland, Reykjavík
It took me about 2-3 hours with 100mb connection, it was really slow.. usually I download about 1-1.5mb/s but with Lion it was only 300kb/s or something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.