Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JasonHD

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2010
Apple now seems to be allowing non-developer accounts migrate their MobileMe to iCloud. I have just done mine and its all up and running perfectly on windows pc, iPhone 4 iOS 5 and iPad 2 iOS 5.

How To:

Sign into your MobileMe account at Me.com, then visit MobileMe.com/move and follow the instructions.

Done!

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
I have no idea what you are talking about. I get the message and it says you have to be a developer. There is no login page. Plus if you do it and convert your account, what good does that do you if you can't access it without IOS5.

JasonHD

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2010
I have no idea what you are talking about. I get the message and it says you have to be a developer. There is no login page. Plus if you do it and convert your account, what good does that do you if you can't access it without IOS5.

Hi how can you have no idea ht I'm talking about? I have since found out that if you have registered your device to use the beta then it will let you even without a developer account. Thats what happened in my case. And I do have iOS 5 and making good use of it thank you.

wackymacky

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2007
38°39′20″N 27°13′10″W
Hi how can you have no idea ht I'm talking about? I have since found out that if you have registered your device to use the beta then it will let you even without a developer account. Thats what happened in my case. And I do have iOS 5 and making good use of it thank you.

Yes but iOS5 isn't yet technically released publicly is it?

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Yes but iOS5 isn't yet technically released publicly is it?

To non-devs no, but many have devs friends who added them to their accts or in some cases have paid. So released no, available yes.

To OP. Once you migrate your account you're saying you can login to icloud.com?

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
If I log into my MM account it just takes me to FMi, not the ability to move my account :confused:

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC

Sorry, didn't mean anything by my post. How do you register your device if you are not a developer? And how do you get IOS 5, if you're not a developer? Just confused. I'd love to go ahead and migrate my account, but I've looked and looked and see no way to do it.

thunderbunny

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Cheshire, UK
Sorry, didn't mean anything by my post. How do you register your device if you are not a developer? And how do you get IOS 5, if you're not a developer? Just confused. I'd love to go ahead and migrate my account, but I've looked and looked and see no way to do it.

A developer can add a number of devices to their account and those devices can then have iOS 5 installed on it. Seems that recently Apple may be clamping down on this and disabling iOS5 on these devices as well as terminating the developer account used to set them up.

arteggio

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2010
Pittsburgh
If I log into my MM account it just takes me to FMi, not the ability to move my account :confused:

I've also been having this problem since /move was announced to be working. Switched up browsers, deleted cache, went to the address logged in and not... Is there a certain trick to this that I'm missing?

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
A developer can add a number of devices to their account and those devices can then have iOS 5 installed on it. Seems that recently Apple may be clamping down on this and disabling iOS5 on these devices as well as terminating the developer account used to set them up.

Oh, so that explains how OP was able to do it.

JasonHD

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2010
To non-devs no, but many have devs friends who added them to their accts or in some cases have paid. So released no, available yes.

To OP. Once you migrate your account you're saying you can login to icloud.com?

yes, all of it works on icloud.com.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.