PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Air currently sold out?

realrudi
Aug 9, 2011, 06:42 AM
Hi,
how is the situation in the US or other countries than Germany?

Here it it sold out. I ordered a MBA and waited 2 weeks (it should have been available on 11th August)
But now the date got pushed back to 25th August.

can't get one.

AppleFan922
Aug 9, 2011, 06:50 AM
I ordered one thru PowerMax.com on the 25th of July, I'm still waiting for Apple to ship it to them, and then they turn around and ship it to me. At first it was "we'll have them in the next few days", but now it's "they're on their way". I'm figuring I probably won't see my MBA until at least Sept. Don't get me wrong, it's not PowerMax's fault for them not having any stock. I just figured Apple would have expected the high demand for the new MBA's with the huge spec bump.

KPOM
Aug 9, 2011, 07:09 AM
They are coming in pretty quickly into the Apple Stores themselves, but slow into the resellers. This same thing happened last year. Apple prioritizes shipments to its own stores. Resellers don't get reliable stock, particularly of CTO models, until after the first few weeks.

echo.park
Aug 9, 2011, 11:32 AM
The Apple Online Store (Germany) says: Ready for delivery in 24 hours. So where's the problem? I don't get it. Did you order there? Or somewhere else? Was it the standard configuration or a model with upgrades?

realrudi
Aug 9, 2011, 12:33 PM
No, I ordered at cyberport.de
They told my today, they get availability dates from apple directly.
Not only cyberport doesn't have it in stock. All retailers don't have it.

As you may understand from that price comparison site, no retailer has MBA available.

http://geizhals.at/deutschland/663349

It is the standard 13" model with 128GB SSD.