Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipoddingalong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to digitize and organize my movies in iTunes. Ideally, I'd like the movies to look just like the ones you buy in iTunes.

I rip the DVDs with Handbrake, then I use Subler to tag them. My problem is, I am having trouble inputting chapter names and chapter thumbnails. I can see the chapter names and thumbnails are correct in iTunes, but once I import them into my iPad 2, sometimes I get duplicate chapter thumbnails for different chapters, and sometimes the chapter names never import at all (it just says Chapter 1, 2, etc.).

Is there a way of fixing this or do I just have to wait until Apple addresses the problem? It's frustrating because I can see that in iTunes all the chapter names are correct and there are absolutely no repeat thumbnails, but that changes once the movies are actually on my iPad.

Also, is there a program that allows you to customize the chapter thumbnails? In Subler it appears to be an automated process, but it'd be great if I could pick and choose which thumbnail I'd like next to each chapter.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.