PDA

View Full Version : HARDcase? g-form?

G0meZ
Aug 9, 2011, 02:58 PM
all the hardcases i found so far are plastic...and while they seem to offer fairly good protection against dropping it, they all don't look very trustworthy with regards to pressure on the flat surface - say, you step :eek: / sit :eek: on your bag with the mba in it
i'm looking for something like the tombihn brain cells or the sfbags, booq viper, only sturdier and waterresistant or better even, waterproof? what i don't want is some giant aluminum suitcase or anything that looks worth stealing. best would something that fits into any old backpack.

another thing:
that soft, floppy g-form sleeve? i watched the review by soldierknowsbest, he's torturing an ipad with a hammer and jumping on it!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFG76535atY
wtf...is that real?? i find that unbelievable. one thing though that's not tested are the sides and the corners - he's never testing the g-form by letting the ipad fall right onto its corner or getting a sharp kick into its side...
also, does the g-form only protect against sudden impact or also against slower pressure?

nebulos
Aug 9, 2011, 03:09 PM
i'm interested in hard cases too.

i'm not sure why they are so rare. it seems weird to me that its mostly soft sleeves out there. if i were using a sleeve in a bag with books and other stuff, i would want something hard, so my thin, $1K plus computer wouldn't get squashed and abused.

i guess in a bag, some of the 'rugged' soft sleeves work fine, but still more hard case options would be nice. will watch this thread.