PDA

View Full Version : macbook air 2010 - internet reception...bad?

imHappy
Aug 9, 2011, 03:47 PM
guys,

Basically my macbook air wireless reception is less than any other laptop/macbook. As a proof im the only one with a macbook air in my class, and while other has conection to a distant router, i simply don't. I can see the router's name bud it won't connect by giving me the "time out" alert.

Are macbook air's wireless reception... less when comparing it to another laptop.. or should i ask for a replacement?

btw would it be possible that apple change it by the 2011 air since i have the ultimate 2010? haha, if my current macbook air has this wireless problem.

Thx in advance

LeakedDave
Aug 9, 2011, 03:49 PM
guys,

Basically my macbook air wireless reception is less than any other laptop/macbook. As a proof im the only one with a macbook air in my class, and while other has conection to a distant router, i simply don't. I can see the router's name bud it won't connect by giving me the "time out" alert.

Are macbook air's wireless reception... less when comparing it to another laptop.. or should i ask for a replacement?

btw would it be possible that apple change it by the 2011 air since i have the ultimate 2010? haha, if my current macbook air has this wireless problem.

Thx in advance

Within 1 year of warranty then maybe. If you're sure its defective. Take it to the Apple store.

Hellhammer
Aug 9, 2011, 03:50 PM
Take it to Apple and they will test it. If they find that the WiFi is worse than it should be, then they will most likely replace the WiFi card.

imHappy
Aug 9, 2011, 04:33 PM
thx guys.