PDA

View Full Version : help! i accidently deleted my hdd!!!

qwea44
Aug 9, 2011, 05:48 PM
hi

i have a problem guys
i accidently deleted my entire hdd
on the wrong way so now i can't boot my mac up
i can only boot it up from a installation cd but then it wont install
it says this software cannot be installed on this computer
and the installation disc is a g5 ppc disc with 10.4.2
and my imac came with 10.4.11
i don't care about all the files on my maci just want to let it work again

please please help me

andre

AdrianK
Aug 9, 2011, 06:30 PM
Is your iMac a G5? Those grey disks are system specific.

Have you formatted the disk in disk utility? (Utilities > Disk Utility > Your HDD > Erase > Mac OS X Extended (journaled) > apply).

qwea44
Aug 9, 2011, 07:09 PM
i have a imac g5

and yes that is how i exactly formatted it!

please help
thx for reply:D

DewGuy1999
Aug 9, 2011, 08:03 PM
You need to either contact AppleCare and get a replacement set of restore discs for those that came with your iMac (there'll be a shipping handling charge) or purchase a retail copy of OS X 10.5 Leopard that will install on your iMac. If you decide to purchase Leopard it needs to be the black retail discs not the gray Mac specific restore discs.

shifuimam
Aug 10, 2011, 11:03 AM
Also - if you have an iPhone 3G or 3GS or an iPod Touch second gen (basically any iOS device that supports iOS 4.0 but didn't come with 4.0 installed), you can call AppleCare and get a free copy of 10.5. This program is a result of the fact that the aforementioned devices didn't ship with 4.0, and upon upgrading are no longer supported in 10.4. Since the base system requirements changed after purchase, Apple has opted to make 10.5 available at no charge to users who upgraded their device without realizing their version of OS X would not support it.