PDA

View Full Version : Apple should give a two year warranty

boonlar
Aug 9, 2011, 07:30 PM
It's a shame Apple only gives a year warranty with everything. You would think that the huge premium over a PC would get you longer than a year right? Asus gives a 2 year warranty plus a 1 year accidental with their laptops.

leftywamumonkey
Aug 9, 2011, 07:31 PM
How about 3? or 4? or 10? :D

boonlar
Aug 9, 2011, 07:32 PM
How about 3? or 4? or 10? :D

I know right, macs like never break since they have the best hardware so what's the deal Apple?

VMMan
Aug 9, 2011, 07:36 PM
Don't most credit cards double the warranty to two years ?

ZBoater
Aug 9, 2011, 07:38 PM
Applecare...

h00ligan
Aug 9, 2011, 07:45 PM
What machine is out that the air charges a huge premium over? I actually consider most of the airs to be a good value.

haruhiko
Aug 9, 2011, 07:46 PM
They should also let people return their machines bought within one month prior to new model launch. :rolleyes:

PaulWog
Aug 9, 2011, 08:02 PM
Applecare...

You have to pay through the teeth to add Applecare.

Apple's warranty does go above most warranties though. I'd say they should give a 1.5 year warranty or something though... and make Applecare extend it to 3.5 years.

deeddawg
Aug 9, 2011, 08:10 PM
You have to pay through the teeth to add Applecare. Apple's warranty does go above most warranties though.

Price out a three year warranty on a Lenovo T420 with advanced phone support ($209) and compare to Applecare from BHphoto.com ($190 for Air & MBP13). Granted, the Lenovo is onsite and pure depot coverage only is cheaper, but Applecare with an Apple store nearby is comparable to onsite coverage as you have to schedule with the technician anyway like you schedule w/ Genius bar. Just sayin, yes Applecare costs a bunch of money, but warranty extensions cost a bunch elsewhere too... :)

You would think that the huge premium over a PC would get you longer than a year right?

Seriously, you can get more warranty if you want to pay for it -- i.e. Applecare.

As to the other part, since you're in the Macbook Air forum, which Window's PC's are you comparing the Macbook Air's to in order to get this "huge premium"?

To compare to Macbook Air's you need to stick with Windows laptops measuring 0.68" thick or thereabouts. With SSD included. Which models are you comparing against?

If you expand out to the Macbook Pro line, you need to stick to Windows notebooks at 1" thickness or less and with a business-class build level. Again, I'm curious as to your particular examples with similar specs (including dimensions, weight, and battery life) that you feel are significantly cheaper.

I'm genuinely curious. If you don't want to clutter the thread, PM me.

sloan47
Aug 9, 2011, 10:24 PM
Apple doesn't even "give" us a one year... it's all included in the price. If they increased the warranty to two years, the price would just go up.