PDA

View Full Version : Mac OS 10.2 Jaquar preinstalled?

friendlyghost
Sep 29, 2002, 08:09 PM
Hey everyone,
First post.
I'm looking at picking up an iBook for my grandmother, but I can't tell if any of the systems come with Jaquar installed. They all seem to have 10.1. Is this true? Even if I order it from Apple.com?
Is there anywhere I can order it where 10.2 is preinstalled?
It seems like a less than wonderful situation to get the laptop and then wait for apple to send me a $20 upgrade disk before I can then enjoy all the features I should be enjoying.
Any idea how long it takes for the disk to arrive from apple?

RBMaraman
Sep 29, 2002, 08:29 PM
It's my understanding that if you purchase a new computer from the Apple store, it comes with 10.1 preinstalled, and it also comes with the disks to upgrade to 10.2. So, there should be no wait, since the disks should come with the machine. I still can't believe they aren't shipping with 10.2 installed. Once it was released, all new machines released after that point should have come with 10.2 preinstalled.

friendlyghost
Sep 29, 2002, 08:38 PM
If I order through mac connection I get 384 MB of RAM instead of 128 MB. Plus, there's that epson printer deal. I wonder if I can still get the printer deal if I order from apple.com.

jelloshotsrule
Sep 29, 2002, 08:43 PM
well if you order over the phone, you should be able to ask whoever it is you order from. you could also call apple and ask em....

as for the printer... any freebies should be listed on the online apple store... hvaen't checked it recently so i'm not sure

good luck!