PDA

View Full Version : iPad browsers - Atomic vs iCab

fterh
Aug 10, 2011, 05:22 AM
No flaming please, just a simple, innocuous question :)

If the iCab is that good (and it feels much better than Atomic), how come it has so much fewer ratings on the App Store? :confused:

jabingla2810
Aug 10, 2011, 05:27 AM
The amount of ratings are usualy effected by when it was updated., unless you look at 'all ratings' and not just ratings for the current version.

You might find that iCab has recently been updated.

However, just because an app is better, doesn't mean it will be more popular.

For example, I think Secrets of Monkey Island is a better game then Angry Birds...

It might just be that Atomic is more popular.

I have no idea, I don't use either.

fterh
Aug 10, 2011, 05:52 AM
The amount of ratings are usualy effected by when it was updated., unless you look at 'all ratings' and not just ratings for the current version.

You might find that iCab has recently been updated.

However, just because an app is better, doesn't mean it will be more popular.

For example, I think Secrets of Monkey Island is a better game then Angry Birds...

It might just be that Atomic is more popular.

I have no idea, I don't use either.

Well, Atomic has more ratings for its current version than iCab has in total :D

Then what browser do you use? :confused: Safari?

Mac.World
Aug 10, 2011, 06:40 AM
I have tried every browser that has come out and prefer Atomic. The gestures. Bookmark bar on top of the tabs, download folder customization, and privacy settings are what keep me with Atomic since it came out. It just feels the most PC like to me.

brettatk
Aug 10, 2011, 06:44 AM
I also prefer Atomic. With iOS 5 I'll give Safari another chance since you'll be able to utilize tabs, but I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up back with Atomic.

fterh
Aug 10, 2011, 07:41 AM
I have tried every browser that has come out and prefer Atomic. The gestures. Bookmark bar on top of the tabs, download folder customization, and privacy settings are what keep me with Atomic since it came out. It just feels the most PC like to me.

I also prefer Atomic. With iOS 5 I'll give Safari another chance since you'll be able to utilize tabs, but I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up back with Atomic.

Well, in your opinion, what do you think makes Atomic better than iCab? I like Atomic, except that iCab's UI seems a little better. But I honestly don't mind switching back to Atomic if it's good :D

brettatk
Aug 10, 2011, 07:45 AM
Well, in your opinion, what do you think makes Atomic better than iCab? I like Atomic, except that iCab's UI seems a little better. But I honestly don't mind switching back to Atomic if it's good :D

I guess I shouldn't have said preferred. I meant I like Atomic as well. I haven't messed around with iCab enough to really make a comparison. Just figured I'd give my stamp of approval for Atomic. Sorry for the confusion.

CHSeifert
Aug 10, 2011, 08:04 AM
Atomic FTW on both iPhone and iPad :)

Icab is pretty good though I must admit ;)

Bathplug
Aug 10, 2011, 08:13 PM
both good but I go with icab. Atomic has one of the ugliest app icons I've seen.