PDA

View Full Version : Best way to view Macbook Air on HDTV?

BigB82
Aug 10, 2011, 11:59 AM
I am curious what is the best easiest way to connect my mac to a hdtv?

IXDoubleDXI
Aug 10, 2011, 12:08 PM
Minidisplay port to HDMI adapter. Meritline.com has these on sale today for the adapter and a 6 foot cable for $6 shipped. I got mine from there a while back and haven't had any issues. To set up audio thru HDMI, go to Preferences > Sound > Output, then click on your tv that should be listed once hooked up. I just found out how to enable sound on it today and sure enough, it works.

maril1111
Aug 10, 2011, 12:09 PM
Minidisplay port to HDMI adapter. Meritline.com has these on sale today for the adapter and a 6 foot cable for $6 shipped. I got mine from there a while back and haven't had any issues. To set up audio thru HDMI, go to Preferences > Sound > Output, then click on your tv that should be listed once hooked up. I just found out how to enable sound on it today and sure enough, it works.

Oh and to add to that it is recommended to have a wireless keyboard and mouse for remote control and finally you have to have the mac plugged into a socket for everything to work

KylePowers
Aug 10, 2011, 12:24 PM
Oh and to add to that it is recommended to have a wireless keyboard and mouse for remote control and finally you have to have the mac plugged into a socket for everything to work
Alternatively you could use an iPhone or iPod Touch (and maybe an iPad?) with a mouse/keyboard app such as Mobile Mouse Pro

Duke15
Aug 10, 2011, 04:58 PM
monoprice.com has some really cheap ones along with cheap hdmi cords, make sure that the adapter is audio capable, some are not

roccobladr
Aug 10, 2011, 05:00 PM
I got a minidisplay port -> HDMI adapter on ebay for 1.50$ I think it was. Works fine on my LB 32" 1080p tv.

stevenpa
Aug 10, 2011, 06:32 PM
monoprice.com has some really cheap ones along with cheap hdmi cords, make sure that the adapter is audio capable, some are not

Amazon have a few as well, but the cords are your best bet.