Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jenlevin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
Sunny Florida
... you might want to check with them. I ordered the 13" base model the day after release. I had been told their next expected ship date was the 11th (tomorrow). They now say not until Sept. 30th. I cancelled my order - sold my Pro a few weeks ago and can't go without a main computer for that long. Just a heads up in case anybody else's order is backordered...

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Ya the site says its still not in stock. I actually cancelled my order after my trip to the Apple store. Changed my decision from the 13" to the 11". These are still in stock btw.

Duke15

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2011
Canada
Wow thats ridiculous, guess they are really trying to make sure the apple stores are in stock before providing 3rd party companies with them

AppleFan922

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2010
So I'm assuming that shipping time posted next to the air is a straight up lie? It says ships within 1-3 days....

I ordered mine thru a reseller also, I'm hoping mine doesn't take that long, but the way things are looking, it probably will. I would cancel my order, but I traded in all of my old Apple stuff towards the Air, so I'm kinda stuck just waiting.

Last edited:

jenlevin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
Sunny Florida
So I'm assuming that shipping time posted next to the air is a straight up lie? It says ships within 1-3 days....

this model still says 3-5 days (I guess since they were anticipating getting them on the 11th). hopefully they change it soon because that is a very poor estimate. they may very well be shipping some of the other models sooner.

Stevel93

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2011
I was told that all preorders they have will be covered by the shipment on the 11th and that the next shipment would be sept 30

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
It gives a specific time like that on the main MBA screen (4 icons) but after you open one up you'll get a messsage like 'not in stock, order now and be the first blablabla'

11" seems to be in stock though, says it ships on the same day.

Philalbe

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2010
Greater Boston Area
I know this might not help much, but just incase...I purchased a late 2010 close out MBA (13" 256GB) from Macmall last week and it arrived on my door about 3-4 days later via standard shipping. This probably does little for the people looking for the latest specs, but if you're a more casual user buying a close out model may be an option?

Also, if you can get approved for BillMeLater or a Barclay Card the Apple store is supposedly shipping the new Airs within 24 hours. The downside being that unlike Macmall the Apple store includes taxes.

jenlevin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
Sunny Florida
I was told that all preorders they have will be covered by the shipment on the 11th and that the next shipment would be sept 30

i was initially told the 11th. i told them this and asked to double check - they said it's been pushed back to sept 30th. who knows.

MaybeKatie

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2011
I must have gotten really lucky with MacMall. I ordered the 13" base the night of the release when the delivery estimate was first week of August. Instead, I got a shipping notice the next day and it was delivered the following Tuesday. Sorry that other people seem to be having a negative experience with MacMall. :(

Bach2011

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2011
I ordered on 7/26 from Mac Mall and was told that I would get from the shipment on 8/1 (I talked to someone over the phone before placing the order). Contacted them on 8/2, they said 8/11. So I canceled because they sent out the Parallel software which I cannot submit the rebate within 20 days. Got blame from the rep that there is an option to request them to ship together -- which I don't see that option.

I pinned down one 13" at local BB but when I was about to go pick up, I saw the one with 20% off from Amazon. So I jumped for Kindle and that offer. Still waiting for my shipment though.

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Just a heads up for those who don't know yet. Appleinsider.com has a promotional deal going. Head to their site and check out the Mac Price Guide, you'll receive a 3% discount.

Add that with the already reduced price + tax free, and you get yourself a very sweet deal :) 11" 4GB/128GB comes at <1150USD

DavidNPro

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2011
Macmall 13 Order

I went ahead and cancelled my order from there as well. Then I found the Amazon coupon a few nights ago so all is not lost yet. However, appears as if nobody has a clue when Amazon will be getting 13s back in stock.

SickSix

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2011
Austin
I had to cancel my order from MacMall. If I did not I still would have been waiting for my order placed in July.

I bought mine from a local Best Buy. I went on CL and bought a BB $100 gift card for $80 then went to BB. They took it off the price of the $1234 price then added tax at $1134. I then got the price match $100 gift card which I sold on ebay for $90 after fees.

MacMall had the laptop for $1215 shipped. After all this I ended up paying $1218 for the base 13".

The biggest difference is that I am typing on the Air versus waiting for it.

The 20% off deal would of been great if I could have waited till who knows when...

Robotpedlr

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2011
Lake Tapps, WA
I ordered mine (13 ultimate) from the MacMall on the 22nd of July and it arrived on my door on the 29th. A few days ahead of their promised date of 8/1. MacMall seems like a very competitive option and no tax for Wa state make it better than my local apple store. Plus you can get Parallels free after rebate with it. Sold mine on ebay for $50.

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Got my MBA today!

11" i7/4GB/128GB and Samsung SSD!!!

How do I check the display? Totally new to macs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.