PDA

View Full Version : New MBA Owner!

Bart Simpson
Aug 10, 2011, 07:59 PM
Hi

After researching (lurking) on these forums for the past few weeks I just bought my first Mac. I've been looking forward to getting the MBA since it was introduced a few years ago but my Dell laptop was still functional so I had to let it pass until it stopped meeting my needs. Finally got fed up with it (it took about 45 seconds to load up iTunes.) I own a iPhone 3GS and an iPhone 4 and fell into Steve Jobs' plan on getting people hooked and getting one of their computers. I've only used a Mac a handful of times before purchasing so I'm getting used to OS X

I love it so far :D

KylePowers
Aug 10, 2011, 08:03 PM
Congrats!

Which model?

misterneums
Aug 10, 2011, 08:19 PM
Congrats! I'm sure you won't regret it.

btw, don't let your dad spill beer on it ;)

Big D 51
Aug 10, 2011, 08:35 PM
Congrats! One awesome machine. I'm obsessed with mine.

Bart Simpson
Aug 10, 2011, 08:49 PM
Congrats!

Which model?

Thanks folks!
After reading about the small differences between the 13" i5 and i7 for normal everyday tasks plus the arguments about heat and battery issues I ended up getting the 13" i5 256GB version. Pretty happy I'm not seeing any issues with this machine that some other posters seem to have.

SaintsMac
Aug 10, 2011, 10:53 PM
Congrats! You have a very nice machine! Enjoy!!!!

RobT
Aug 11, 2011, 06:59 AM
Thanks folks!
After reading about the small differences between the 13" i5 and i7 for normal everyday tasks plus the arguments about heat and battery issues I ended up getting the 13" i5 256GB version. Pretty happy I'm not seeing any issues with this machine that some other posters seem to have.

Great choice! Enjoy! I recently picked up the 11" i5 128 and works so well I can almost use it as my main machine. Since I have another, older Mac, I can deal with the smaller screen and HD in the 11" MBA.

If I were to have only one machine today, it would be hands down the one you bought. It's fast, light, SSD is amazing, 13" is enough screen, and 256 is essentially enough space these days in combination with cloud storage (and external HDD for archive).