PDA

View Full Version : Incase Perforated or BookBook

Fasailmac
Aug 10, 2011, 08:27 PM
My requirements are simple, i need a case that will allow to easily use my laptop on the bus and place it into my backpack quickly upon getting off of the bus. Do you guys reccomend the 11 inch BookBook or http://store.apple.com/ca/product/H4971ZM/A?n=macbookair11&fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MjI3OTM5MDQ&s=topSellers
I would get the white one, because it works better with the apple logo.

Shawnpk
Aug 10, 2011, 11:45 PM
I would say if you are going for pure speed go with the Incase. If you want more protection, go with BookBook.

jpl6
Aug 10, 2011, 11:48 PM
I suggest getting the Incase Perforated. I have the black one and it's great. :D

clyde2801
Aug 11, 2011, 12:51 AM
Put me down for bookbook. One word of caution about a hard case: you have to make sure you take the notebook out regularly and clean it. Otherwise, contaminants can get in and scratch up the surface. I imagine the holes on the incase, while providing ventilation, can increase this effect.

Constantine1337
Aug 11, 2011, 12:59 AM
Getting my BookBook today. Its awesome!

judethat
Aug 11, 2011, 01:06 AM
I had the white perforated incase and whilst it was lovely and looked great, it was interfering with opening and closing of the air and worried it would damage it. It was hell to get off, but Apple have agreed for me to send it back as it had a couple of hairline cracks in it. I think I just got a bad one. Loved it though.

clyde2801
Aug 11, 2011, 02:26 AM
I had the white perforated incase and whilst it was lovely and looked great, it was interfering with opening and closing of the air and worried it would damage it. It was hell to get off, but Apple have agreed for me to send it back as it had a couple of hairline cracks in it. I think I just got a bad one. Loved it though.

Read the reviews on the apple site, that appears to be a common defect. The bookbook, otoh, slips in and out very easily, and tickles your air all over with plush, soft felt.:p

babygmail
Aug 14, 2011, 01:35 PM
I got the Incase Perforated in Black for my 11" MBA. I think it's perfect; I can easily toss it in my backpack and grab it. It's super mobile, much more than pulling something out of a sleeve.

If you're an older person, I can see the sleeve being much more professional. But in terms of ease and true mobility, the Incase Perforated is perfect for my up-and-go lifestyle.

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/perforated-hardshell-case-cl57888

GET IT!

bizzle
Aug 14, 2011, 02:08 PM
Sorry but the Bookbook is retarded. I'd recommend ANY hard shell over that turd.

clyde2801
Aug 14, 2011, 02:54 PM
Let's put the whole case debate aside for a moment. That word is offensive. You do realize that, right?

babygmail
Aug 14, 2011, 04:16 PM
Let's put the whole case debate aside for a moment. That word is offensive. You do realize that, right?

Can't polish a turd, aka BookBook.

aeboi
Aug 14, 2011, 04:39 PM
I'd understand the look if you want something that looks like it's from Harry Potter...

clyde2801
Aug 14, 2011, 04:40 PM
Okay, that I can deal with. My aunt, as a isolated farm child during the great Depression, endured a high fever with no medical care that left her cognitively disabled. Using the 'r' word is NOT okay.

Now, back to the topic at hand: you don't like the bookbook. Fine. Good. Got it.

...and guess what, I don't care. I'm not sensitive as to why one case may be better than the other, it's just that I don't value your opinion due to your post being so immature, inarticulate, unintelligent and insulting.

glen e
Aug 14, 2011, 04:44 PM
many here don't care about the bookbook at all, they just want to argue...kids at play in cyberspace...

clyde2801
Aug 14, 2011, 05:02 PM
Not caring for one's choice is one thing, and I enjoy a good well reasoned argument. But the romper-room juvenile name calling shenanigans gets a bit grating after a little while.

Bonilla
Aug 14, 2011, 11:33 PM
Better Speck Case Satin

Perforated ? maybe looks cool for somebody but, all the dust inside aluminium, and a lot of things more.

It matters more the people that was waiting a macbook air in black.

Air 13"

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/20110814230252.jpg/

Closed.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84/20110814230342.jpg/

ZBoater
Aug 14, 2011, 11:36 PM
Can't polish a turd, aka BookBook.

Actually, you can. It just remains one that's all... :cool:

FieldingMellish
Aug 15, 2011, 06:25 AM
Not caring for one's choice is one thing, and I enjoy a good well reasoned argument. But the romper-room juvenile name calling shenanigans gets a bit grating after a little while.

Control freak. Get over yourself. Many have experienced damage of some sort.

clyde2801
Aug 15, 2011, 07:01 AM
Control freak. Get over yourself. Many have experienced damage of some sort.

So, the people who pull the juvenile name calling is okay, but you have an issue with someone who thinks its unacceptable? :confused:

What are you, some sort of internet wetnurse?:rolleyes:

The only issue I have with the movie "Idiocracy" is that I don't think it's going to take 500 years to happen...

i0Nic
Aug 15, 2011, 07:07 AM
What's wrong with a simple zippered sleeve? Neoprene, leather or felt, whichever material you like best.

That's what I've been using on my laptops for years now, never a bad choice.

Just throw the mac in the sleeve, then you can carry it around or throw it in any type of bag worry free. They're relatively cheap (compared to bookbook and perforated case), long lasting, timeless.

I just don't like the bookbook look and the perforated case looks like it'll do more damage than good.

clyde2801
Aug 15, 2011, 07:15 AM
Someone just posted about a case by Moshi (mace?) that looks pretty sharp, and I think it's just $35.