Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ben12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
iTunes freezes up on me a lot when I connect my iPad, so I prefer to add files to apps using a file browser like iPhone Explorer. However, after this most recent iTunes update, this and other programs like it don't work.

My computer is running Windows XP (yeah, I know it's old, but I'm not made of money!). I have an iPad 2 with the most recent iOS version installed.

I'll post the specific error message when I get home from work, but it refers to a bad dll file in the most recent update. As a result, you can't browse the app directories, so you can't add any files to apps. I tried uninstalling iTunes and replacing it with an older version, but it wouldn't open because it said the library file was created by a "newer version."

I'm kind of stuck. Anyone else experience this problem or have any suggestions? Thanks!!

ben12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
Here's the error message iPhone Explorer gives me:

"iPhone Explorer is unable to load the app directories because the version of CoreFoundation.dll installed on your system doesn't work properly. This sucky DLL likely got on to your computer because of a recent update in the Safari web browser. Because this sucky DLL is shared between many other Apple programs, reverting back to the non-sucky version is more complicated than just uninstalling and reinstalling a couple programs. We recommend waiting a couple months for the next Safari update and hopefully Apple will have this stuff fixed then."

I don't have Safari installed on my computer. Just iTunes (and Quicktime).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.