Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

rogers_logo.jpg

iPhoneinCanada.ca reports that employees at Canadian wireless carrier Rogers are currently beginning "pre-launch training" for the iPhone, suggesting that the carrier is preparing its staff members for the roll-out of the iPhone 5.
As of August 11th, the training for the iPhone pre-launch will start. Please complete this training once notified by the Just in Time (JIT) training coordinator in your site. The module is a 45 minute self-study; please make sure to complete the following training: iPhone Pre-Launch Training - Rogers Wireless 2011.
Unfortunately, the program appears to be generic in nature and the program description does not refer to a specific model of the iPhone. The generic nature suggests that Rogers is simply providing its staff with an initial briefing outlining procedures for selling the next iPhone using assumptions based on previous releases rather than any specific training related to the iPhone 5 provided by Apple.
Rogers is preparing employees for an eventual launch, and this training has been confirmed by a Rogers employee. Rogers will most likely find out launch dates like the rest of us, but they're already preparing.
The report notes that a similar training program was offered by Rogers for the iPhone 4 last year, although that device did not launch in Canada until a month after it went on sale in the United States. Consequently, that training program, which came two weeks before the Canadian launch, was able to offer specific details about the hardware being released, but many of the carrier's policies for new and upgrade customers will be universally applicable regardless of the exact hardware being launched and when it debuts.

Article Link: Rogers Employees Beginning 'Pre-Launch Training' for iPhone 5

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
move along

nothing out of this training info is important then for the new iPhone info...

acslater017

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2006
San Francisco Bay Area
nothing out of this training info is important then for the new iPhone info...

Well you're right that no info can be gleaned about the hardware. But the fact that Rogers is beginning training now, as opposed to October, might indicate that a product announcement is sooner rather than later (?)

Yea, a bit of a reach, but that's what this site is for...

slicecom

macrumors 68020
Aug 29, 2003
Toronto, Canada
Their training probably consists entirely of various ways to explain "yes, our system is down again this year, just as it's been for every iPhone launch".

JP3G

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; fr-fr) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8B117)

iphoneincanada has a REALLY bad record when it comes to rumors. I wouldn't trust them.

macnisse

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; sv-se) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

-Gentlemen, be prepared... improvise, adapt, overcome.
-Roger that!

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_9 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E501 Safari/6533.18.5)

I guess their management reads MR too.

mr.steevo

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2004
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I gots my edjucashun in the country of Alberta.

jeznav

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2007
Eh?
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A5288d)

Funny. My dad bought an iPhone4 from Rogers two days ago. I asked why did you buy it when iPhone5 is coming out this fall. He said the Rogers sales representive know nothing about it and insisted getting a phone now.
*facepalm*

He did return it back as per my advice.

Zeto.D

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hey everyone.

I work for Rogers, I can safely say this is untrue. We have not gotten our annual training on new iPhone launch yet. The report about us getting this annual training is true and I am anticipating that we will be getting it soon. I was at work today from 1pm -9pm, we get daily emails about all changes and we have an internal Rogers news for employees and we are required to read the what's new section every day. We are also required to read all of our emails everyday and respond promptly. I can garauntee we did not get this information today. I'm sure it will be soon though.

I am also an "Apple buff", I have followed apple for a long Very long time. I personally don't believe canda will get the new iPhone at the same time it launches in US. Last year we got it during 2nd launch. I know that doesn't mean it'll be the same this year but we'll see. I am hoping for 1st launch.

I've been reading macrumours for a few years now and this is my very first post. If you're going to comment on me, please be kind. You can also ask me anything about Rogers and I'll spill the beans :)

Zeto.D

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

They are wrong on this one too. I work for Rogers. We didn't get any notification about our training for the new iPhone launch. It is true that we do get this little training program. And, yes it is just a brush up telling us about pricing details for new and existing customers. Existing cx's always call us wanting to upgade at new pricing when they're not eligible. It's a constant struggle. :p

mr.steevo

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2004
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Zeto.D said:

Hey everyone.

I work for Rogers, I can safely say this is untrue. We have not gotten our annual training on new iPhone launch yet. The report about us getting this annual training is true and I am anticipating that we will be getting it soon. I was at work today from 1pm -9pm, we get daily emails about all changes and we have an internal Rogers news for employees and we are required to read the what's new section every day. We are also required to read all of our emails everyday and respond promptly. I can garauntee we did not get this information today. I'm sure it will be soon though.

I am also an "Apple buff", I have followed apple for a long Very long time. I personally don't believe canda will get the new iPhone at the same time it launches in US. Last year we got it during 2nd launch. I know that doesn't mean it'll be the same this year but we'll see. I am hoping for 1st launch.

I've been reading macrumours for a few years now and this is my very first post. If you're going to comment on me, please be kind. You can also ask me anything about Rogers and I'll spill the beans :)

Exactly.

This is a non story.

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

That is one horrific logo.

macktrucktoo

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2011
Canada's newest store

Apple is opening a new store right on RIM's doorstep in Waterloo,Ontraio.Waterloo is 75 minutes west of Toronto and is world headquarters of RIM. I would be inclined to think that a few laid off RIM employees will be applying for jobs.
They will get special training or rehabilitating. Just like going from a Republican to a Democrat. Got to get that old religion out of your system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.