PDA

View Full Version : Stream movie to TV - sound from iPad 2?

KimHansenDK
Aug 11, 2011, 04:36 PM
Im new to Apple TV and AirPlay. But lets say that I stream a movie from my iMac upstairs to my TV down in the livingroom via the iPad 2 - will I then be able to turn the sound off from the TV (speakers) and instead get the sound from my iPad 2 through the headset??

Would be useful late at night when the wife and children are sleeping :)

Amazing Iceman
Aug 11, 2011, 04:52 PM
Im new to Apple TV and AirPlay. But lets say that I stream a movie from my iMac upstairs to my TV down in the livingroom via the iPad 2 - will I then be able to turn the sound off from the TV (speakers) and instead get the sound from my iPad 2 through the headset??

Would be useful late at night when the wife and children are sleeping :)

Probably not, as I haven't seen a way to select audio and video for AirPlay separately. Maybe you could stop by an Apple Store and ask. I'll try it on Saturday at a friend's house too. I'm also planning to buy an AppleTV, but was hoping for a newer revision to come out (if it does).

In my case, the light from the TV would bother my wife, even if I'm listening with headphones. That's why I prefer to watch on the iPad, and I hold it close enough that it feels like I'm watching on a 90" TV. :D

Also, I'm not sure if the AppleTV supports bluetooth headphones. If it does, then you could use these. Otherwise, I think iOS5 will add Bluetooth Headphone support. Now I'm curious, I'll try that on Saturday too.

KimHansenDK
Aug 11, 2011, 05:16 PM
Great. Thanks mate ;)