Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeadEye686

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2003
Austin
Toeknee said:
Dreux Ste. Marie, Apple Computer senior systems engineer will be making a 2 hour presentation at University of Texas at San Antonio, and there will be a Q&A session. Here's the link http://www.utsa.edu/today/2005/04/apple.cfm Just wanted to see what kinda questions everyone had so I could ask him. Can't wait!!

Hmm.. is this open to only students?

/Longhorn would like to drive the hour to see this

Toeknee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 24, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
DeadEye686 said:
Hmm.. is this open to only students?

/Longhorn would like to drive the hour to see this

I'm not sure if its only open to UTSA students but I know that you had to register for the event. Yeah we have a couple of questions about Tiger Server at work ourselves.

Toeknee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 24, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
So here's the recap..It was kinda like a small keynote speech sans the new product announcements. By the looks of the crowd (40 people approx) it was open to anyone. We didn't the get original systems engineer that was suppose to come out since he was called out to Cupertino, instead we got one of the software engineers from Austin. The session was split up into Hardware and Software. The hardware part was basically going though all the specs for all of the computers. They did have a Mac Mini there for people to test drive and since we got shafted on the engineer an 20GB iPod was raffled out instead of a shuffle. (no I didn't win :( ) He did mention the powerbooks but only briefly saying that they are still working on the heat issues, he also mention indirectly to expect updates to the Power Mac G5 lineup soon. But of course didn't give any details. He also said to look for a 10.3.9.1 update because some people were having problems with the update, not too sure if he meant the client vesion or the server one. My guess is server. The Tiger preview went well with them showcasing Dashboard and Spotlight the most. They couldn't display iChat AV since there were issues with the internet connection. All in all I can't wait to get my hands on Tiger next friday!!! Kinda wish a) we'd each had gotten a Tiger disc heh, and b) wish i'd won the iPod even though I already have one. Hope they have something like this again in the future.

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
Toeknee said:
Dreux Ste. Marie, Apple Computer senior systems engineer will be making a 2 hour presentation at University of Texas at San Antonio, and there will be a Q&A session. Here's the link http://www.utsa.edu/today/2005/04/apple.cfm Just wanted to see what kinda questions everyone had so I could ask him. Can't wait!!

Ask him where is my G5 or dual core G4 PowerBook. Actually get close enough to shake him by the shoulders and ask him that.

Edit: Dang. thought that was 1PM TODAY. Time to brush up on those date reading skills. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.