PDA

View Full Version : g3 iMac help

ghett0tech
Aug 13, 2011, 02:32 PM
hello everyone.

i just joined the boards today. i purchased a 500MHZ 'graphite' g3 iMac yesterday for 50 bucks. my plan is to upgrade to 1GB of ram, 120gb hard drive, and run tiger as my OS. i'm not asking for much other than surfing web, listening to iTunes, etc... i wish i could sync my iPad/iPhone with it, but i know that's not attainable. anything else you all would recommend?

any help appreciated. :)

doctormark77
Aug 13, 2011, 02:42 PM
Welcome! Tiger is still pretty good , you can run ten four fox as your browser its Firefox five written for power pc. I believe the latest iTunes you can run on tiger is 9.2. I'm not sure if that will work with an ipad as i don't own one. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1091765
This is great information for power pc macs
Good luck!

ghett0tech
Aug 13, 2011, 02:44 PM
oops. i edited my post.. i meant tiger. :)

doctormark77
Aug 13, 2011, 02:49 PM
that's cool i edited my post too. I used to have a blue imac g3. got any pictures?

Intell
Aug 13, 2011, 02:58 PM
I know that the iPhone 4 will not sync with a computer running Tiger. It requires Leopard or newer. I'm not sure about the iPad, but it may also require Leopard or newer. One limitation to make note of is the USB 1.1 ports on the iMac. It will make syncing with an iPod, iPad, or iPhone very slow.

ghett0tech
Aug 13, 2011, 03:42 PM
of course. i guess i have listed what you can mainly use it for. i was just making sure i wasn't missing anything.