Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whoami99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2011
Hi,

I just got my fiance a new macbook air which I researched thoroughly before deciding to go for the standard 13' model. I got it from the nearest store, unboxed it and completed the registration part.

10 minutes after logging into Lion, I am unable to use the trackpad and keyboard. I tried to restart Lion many times but its not usable at all. Any idea what the issue could be? I barely lifted it off from the table and everything was working well during the first boot up..

This is so frustrating because it's suppose to be a surprise for her. I went back to the store immediately and they are reinstalling Lion again. If it still doesn't work, they will replace it.

Any ideas on what might went wrong?

whoami99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2011
If it's a software issue, reinstalling Lion might just solve it. (though not sure)

If it's a hardware issue, reinstalling won't help and either way I am going to have to make a few trips to the store!

Strange thing is that, everything was working fine and suddenly just... :mad:

franmatt80

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2010
If it's a software issue, reinstalling Lion might just solve it. (though not sure)

If it's a hardware issue, reinstalling won't help and either way I am going to have to make a few trips to the store!

Strange thing is that, everything was working fine and suddenly just... :mad:

What a thoughtful present - you are stocking up on some serious Brownie points here! -and therefore doubly frustrating that you've had to take it back to be fixed. Hope you have some joy at the Genius bar...

melva

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2011
Loose Solder Joint on SSD

It appears you had a loose solder joint on the SDD so the MBA was not booting up. You may also have had a dead battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.