PDA

View Full Version : GarageBand performance in Lion

NikkuShouri
Aug 14, 2011, 11:29 AM
I posted this on the apple discussions as well but I wanted to see of anyone here had any input.

Is anyone else having horrible performance with GarageBand in Lion? It freezes constantly for me and is just very sluggish overall when recording. What I find odd is that if I use a gesture such as the four finger movement to change screens then it will start to run normal but within a few seconds it will freeze back up again. I use GarageBand for recording the church service for the people that can't make it due to health and this is the second week recording is messed up. Did I waste my money on lion?
I also did some searching before I asked this and couldn't find anything useful. http://9to5mac.com/2011/07/28/users-report-video-related-freezes-in-lion/ They mentioned that people were having issues with GarageBand but there are no real details about it. Theres also a thread here discussing video issue with lion but I'm not sure that is the same issue I am having. I am just really looking for input at this point.
My Mac is a first gen unibody 15.4 with the 2.4 Core 2 Duo with 8 gigs of ram. Also note that I am not running any other apps when GarageBand is open so I know there is plenty of processing power for it to run and I never had issues like this with snow leopard.

hipnotizer
Aug 15, 2011, 03:38 PM
Garageband seems to work the same for me. Its smooth and have had no problems what so ever. I am using the i7 3.4ghz iMac.

NikkuShouri
Aug 16, 2011, 12:33 PM
Well I decided to give the 10.7.2 update a try and my laptop runs like a new machine now. Everything is running faster, including GarageBand. It now feels like the performance of SL. And I also read that lion has corrupted drives for some people and I didn't put it together at the time but I had to repair 2 external drives with disk warrior since lion and now I'm thinking Lion was the culprit. Not just bad luck.

Apparently there are some serious bugs in lion. Apple needs the get that update out to everyone ASAP.