Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr M5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
How do you make Safari open up to your home page (in my case google) or top sites instead of the last page that you where on?

Also, when I try to open 1 document in excel it opens multiple spreadsheets instead of just the one I selected.

Where do I make these adjustments I've tried a few diff things with no luck.

Thanks,

Mr M5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
I thought I would try to bring this back to life, I notice now as well that preview brings up about 3 or 4 things, Seems like there would be some way to adjust these settings, does anybody know I hope!?!?!?

Hansr

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2007
Use search and check the topics on Resume, a new "feature" in Lion. There are instructions on how to disable it.

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
Its the new Resume feature in Lion, it opens up apps as they where when you closed them

if you want to disable this go into system preferences, general, remove the tick from restore windows when quitting and reopening apps (or something like that), near the bottom

Mr M5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
Its the new Resume feature in Lion, it opens up apps as they where when you closed them

if you want to disable this go into system preferences, general, remove the tick from restore windows when quitting and reopening apps (or something like that), near the bottom

thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.