PDA

View Full Version : ATV 2 stuck in DFU mode

EJ8
Aug 14, 2011, 08:16 PM
After many many attempts to JB my OS4.3, my unit went into DFU mode (using iFaith) and it won't come out of it. How do I remedy this?

** the JB process fails during the final parts of the restore process in iTunes. Getting a 1600 error.

jouh
Aug 15, 2011, 04:01 AM
After many many attempts to JB my OS4.3, my unit went into DFU mode (using iFaith) and it won't come out of it. How do I remedy this?

** the JB process fails during the final parts of the restore process in iTunes. Getting a 1600 error.

Same problem here. Restore with custom fw seems to almost succeed but gives me a 1600 in the end and My ATV2 is stuck in dfu/recovery mode.

elsparko
Nov 30, 2011, 05:43 AM
exact smae problem here. been tearing my hair out for the last 3 weeks trying everything. you guys come across any solution?

rubencito
Dec 17, 2011, 07:05 AM
I had the same problem could not do anything with my windows vista and laptop. I eventually hooked it up to my MacBook and iTunes and it restored it but updated to 4.3
Maybe something to do with power on USB port as I had to plug my atv2 to the wall to get it to work with ifaith

Scoop24
Dec 17, 2011, 10:45 AM
I got out of it by just doing the normal apple restore instead of using a Custom Firmware..