Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zsobes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2011
i just got a new macbook pro and am trying to transfer all of my photos and music to it from my old macbook via migration assistant. i don't see any of these files though, where would they be?

Lokheed

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
i just got a new macbook pro and am trying to transfer all of my photos and music to it from my old macbook via migration assistant. i don't see any of these files though, where would they be?

Wherever they were on your old system. If you had your pictures in Documents, then they would be there. MA moves all your old content to your new Mac and puts it in the exact same spot.

If you are talking about not seeing it in the actual MA window, then don't worry, it doesn't give you that fine-grained a view of your stuff. But it's all there.

It should look like the following:

Screen%20Shot%202011-08-15%20at%2011.50.38%20PM.png

zsobes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2011
i am trying to only migrate my photos and music, however when i click on the user it doesn't give me another drop down menu to refine my migration. is there anyway to just choose pictures and music?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.