PDA

View Full Version : iMac, a few annoying problems

thomapa1
Aug 16, 2011, 07:20 AM
Unit is @1 year old, have a few annoying issues
1) After it goes into sleep mode, I cannot wake it unless I quickly press the power button - a quick tap will wake it. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse says "connection lost" - but it comes back after waking. Assume the loss of connection is why I cannot wake by moving the mouse or pressing akeyboard button?

2) At various times I lose internet connectivity. Have to reboot. I have my work PC hardwired to my router (same as my iMac). My Windows PC can still get to the internet when the iMac cannot.
I likely do have intermittent connectivity loss as at time, my work VPN connection breaks / re-establishes itself. But why would the iMac be dead in the water until a reboot?
I do have a new Surfboard router coming next week - maybe that will help??

any thoughts?

Macman45
Aug 16, 2011, 07:25 AM
The new router will solve the drop out problems, but not the Bluetooth issues. Bluetooth in my opinion sucks.

I use a USB keyboard, but a magic mouse which works fine but KILLS batteries like you would not believe I have to have a couple of packs in the drawer all the time.

When they get low, the mouse refuses to bring my iMac out of screensaver or sleep, but od course any key press does

accessoriesguy
Aug 16, 2011, 10:57 AM
It is possible that your bluetooth devices are designed to turn off when they are not in use in order to preserve precious battery life, you should look into your devices settings about that.

I had problems with my internet for a long time, it would always disconnect me at random intervals, it turned out to be the router.

Spike88
Aug 16, 2011, 11:33 AM

2) At various times I lose internet connectivity. Have to reboot. I have my work PC hardwired to my router (same as my iMac). My Windows PC can still get to the internet when the iMac cannot. ... any thoughts?

If running Lion on your new iMac, surf entire contents at: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1210959