Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve's Barber

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
1.) I installed Lion on top of snow leopard with inertial scrolling disabled. Now I want inertial scrolling but 7.1 *still* doesn't remember the setting between boots. :(

2.) I want my mac to start out with no open apps. I was hoping the "reopen windows" toggle on the shutdown screen would remember when the setting was toggled off. It doesn't, however...

...the checkbox on the screen gets focus first so all you need to do is press the space bar to turn it off. Not what I was hoping for at least I don't have to aim for it with a mouse arrow anymore.

3.) With only 2 "non full screen" apps open, I still get these big-assed windows in MC covering up my desktops at the top.

4.) disabling "resume application windows" still doesn't work right. When I open Safari it should go to my home page... instead it opens the last website I was on.

This is only 3 minutes into working with 10.7.1...

Type4O

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, Canada
My 2 pennies worth

I did a clean install on my MBP and an upgrade on my mini (couldn't get clean install to work). I have the same issues on both machines:

Safari: renders pages (mostly) but on many occasions I cannot scroll at all, no matter what scroll option I use in System Preferences.

iTunes: syncing is unbelievably slow. It takes about 20 minutes to 'determine tracks to sync' and then syncing tracks is so slow. It also brings my MBP to it's knees when syncing or updating tracks or adding tracks.

I like Lion and the new features. I just hope the next update to Lion fixes these issues else I'll be switching back to SL.

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
The "x" to close a tab on Safari won't show up unless you go to a different tab and come back. But that is more Safari then Lion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.