View Full Version : ATV2 and Time Capsule
Aug 17, 2011, 05:28 AM
Iíve got and ATV2 with FireCore installed, and a Time Capsule with all my films. The ATV2 can see the content on the TC via Firecore and play them without too much problem. However I cant access this content via XBMC.
How do I setup XBMC to view and play these files?
Can anyone send me a link for a dummies guide for this stuff?
Aug 17, 2011, 06:45 PM
Did you try the XBMC forum?
From this post it looks like you can do it
Aug 18, 2011, 02:07 AM
I've look through that site a 100 times, when you have a problem it's no good for anyone.
Anyhow, i found to answer. and if anybody is interested... here it is.
You need to be in XBMC and go to 'add source' in file manager.
1. Select "search" in the "add source" tab.
2. go down to "add network source" or similar
3. in the "server name" tab put ONLY the IP-Address for your Time capsule (there is a button for that saying "IP Address").
4. In the next box called "share" you put the name of the folder you store your content.
5. Then username for your time capsule.
6. Password for your time capsule.
On a anther note. you donít need to select 'Share with guest' in the Time Capsule settings to make this work.
Which is good because i donít want other people in my house to access my files.
Now my ATV2 plays MKV files without problems. In fact i'm very imprested with it.