PDA

View Full Version : Hating the new gestures

MarineR6er
Aug 17, 2011, 09:25 AM
My major problem with lion is the gestures. I miss the three finger swipe to go back a web page in safari. Also I can't get to my desktop if I have windows open. I used to be able to swipe four fingers up to clear the screen and get to the desktop. Now I have to minimize each window and I find this very annoying.

Macman45
Aug 17, 2011, 09:28 AM
I love the gentle swipe to move between pages, the tap to zoom, and the two finger tap for mission control.

You get used to it I guess

soundguy15
Aug 17, 2011, 09:28 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just use BetterTouchTool to remap all the gestures back to how they were.

Tiki35
Aug 17, 2011, 09:29 AM
3 finger swipe is still available to go back a page in safari. Go into System Preferences, and then Trackpad, then More Gestures, then Swipe between Pages. Also, Fn+F11 will bring you quickly to your desktop like before.

paulsalter
Aug 17, 2011, 09:32 AM
as above you can set 3 finger for back/forward, mine is configured like this

not quite 4 finger swipe for desktop, but you can setup a hot corner for this, I did this and just move my pointer to the top right, everything slides out and i am at my desktop

fivedots
Aug 17, 2011, 09:32 AM
My major problem with lion is the gestures. I miss the three finger swipe to go back a web page in safari. Also I can't get to my desktop if I have windows open. I used to be able to swipe four fingers up to clear the screen and get to the desktop. Now I have to minimize each window and I find this very annoying.
Well, you can do the three finger expand (opposite of pinch) to show the desktop.

Can't comment on new vs. old since this is my first run with gestures.

Tiki35
Aug 17, 2011, 09:37 AM
Just to show him/her how to setup a hot corner: System Preferences, Mission Control, Hot Corners button, choose your corner, then Desktop.

Ferry888
Aug 17, 2011, 11:14 AM
That's one of the reason's I have not upgraded yet.
But complaining here won't help any of us.
Give Apple feedback about how you feel.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

MonkeySee....
Aug 17, 2011, 11:17 AM

These are not issues. Just change the gesture settings.

Also get your 5 fingers together on the trackpad and spread them out. "Hello Desktop" :)

1:30 on the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfBvnsFPkLA

rgarjr
Aug 17, 2011, 12:57 PM
It just takes time getting acquainted with the new ones.

kayellare
Aug 17, 2011, 01:00 PM
Mine is set up with 2 fingers to go back a page and to scroll.