Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kretzy

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
Well after many many months of strenuous waiting, i finally got a NEW 15'' 1.67 Powerbook with superdrive! :D I could not be happier! It's the first Mac i've had since about 10 years ago, when I was onlyl 8 years old. It trully is a beautiful machine - a perfect balance of power, portability, functionality and design.

Even though it shipped with Panther (which i think is awesome), i've pre-ordered tiger through the up-to-date program and am really looking forward seeing what it will be able to do.

I'd really like to thank everyone who contributes to this forum, your wise advice helped me to make the decision to switch and get away from the dark side of the force. For anyone out there who is thinking about buying a PB, feel free to ask me any questions you might have!

Thanks,

Greg

Pismo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2002
NH
Congratulations on the new PowerBook. I just upgraded to a new 15" 1.67 PowerBook (see below) from a 400 MHz G3 PowerBook. What a huge difference. I was tirerd of waiting to do simple tasks and I just starting a new programming job so I needed some horsepower to get my work done. I am very happy with my purchase and I can't wait for my copy of Tiger to get here.

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
max_altitude said:
Thanks for the replies guys!

Congrats on the new purchase! Mines expected to arrive on tuesday :D
I see in your sig that you've left RAM at stock level. You might want to consider upgrading to a gig or higher. It'll put the POWER in your powerbook!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.