Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baurman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
I just noticed that I am having awful static noises when I listen to music on my Apogee Duet. Both monitors and headphones. It only occurs when I have Logic 9 opened and when I use my MIDI Controller all the keys have static when I play it. Also when I listen to music on iTunes I get static through that too. The only thing to solve this was rebooting my computer (but this becomes a huge hassle!) and my iTunes library seems to play pretty clear when I CLOSE Logic, but once I open it up, the iTunes playback will be filled with static pops. This is so frustrating. I really want to love the Apogee Duet, but this static is a deal breaker! Can anyone help me out on how to fix this or what I could do for a better fix then always rebooting?

myyours

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2008
I'd like to know a better solution too. The problem seems to be something with the CPU. The meter is running into the red upon playback, so it keeps clicking and popping. I've played with buffer and latency settings, but no luck.

This happened to me after upgrading to Lion. Are you on Lion too?

Here's hoping the fabled Duet software update fixes this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.