PDA

View Full Version : To Developer of TenFourFox for PPC G4

Robertus
Aug 19, 2011, 12:20 PM
This is my last resort message I'm reaching out (in frustration and anger) to the developer of TenFourFox for PPC G3/G4/G5: I am having a hard time with your blog's (http://tenfourfox.blogspot.com/) commenting system! :mad:

Your blog has a very messed up commenting system from my end. It won't preview or post my comments inquiring about mine having TenFourFox ver 4.01 in my PPC G4 system and trying to get an updated version. I need to ask if I need the 7400 OR 7450 version to download because I cannot remember the last time I downloaded ver. 4.01 for my Mac.

Please change your commenting system to something better. Also, I have a Blogger account, but for some reasons either your blog or Google's Blogger system doesn't recognize my user name after I already logged in and visiting your blog. :confused:

If anyone know who is the developer of TenFourFox and have his email, please reach out to him and let him know of this thread! Thank you! :)

Nova77
Aug 19, 2011, 01:15 PM
This is my last resort message I'm reaching out (in frustration and anger) to the developer of TenFourFox for PPC G3/G4/G5: I am having a hard time with your blog's (http://tenfourfox.blogspot.com/) commenting system! :mad:

Your blog has a very messed up commenting system from my end. It won't preview or post my comments inquiring about mine having TenFourFox ver 4.01 in my PPC G4 system and trying to get an updated version. I need to ask if I need the 7400 OR 7450 version to download because I cannot remember the last time I downloaded ver. 4.01 for my Mac.

Please change your commenting system to something better. Also, I have a Blogger account, but for some reasons either your blog or Google's Blogger system doesn't recognize my user name after I already logged in and visiting your blog. :confused:

If anyone know who is the developer of TenFourFox and have his email, please reach out to him and let him know of this thread! Thank you! :)

I've read his server is down because he moved and doesn't have a good internet connection yet. You should be able to get what you need soon.

cocacolakid
Aug 19, 2011, 10:30 PM
What Mac and CPU do you have? We can tell you which version to download, and all of them are available on Google's website.

http://code.google.com/p/tenfourfox/downloads/list

Nameci
Aug 20, 2011, 02:28 AM
I need to ask if I need the 7400 OR 7450 version to download because I cannot remember the last time I downloaded ver. 4.01 for my Mac.
Fire up terminal, on the prompt put in;

machine

and the it will give you the specific CPU that you have.

HTH.

thunng8
Aug 20, 2011, 02:45 AM
You most likely want the 7450. The 7400 versipn is ony for really old g4 systems. Think 400-500mhz for the 7400.

VanneDC
Aug 20, 2011, 05:50 AM
Also just a great way to get the developers attention with an angry post. I am sure this would entise him to develop further on ppc. Nice job there. Please change your commenting system to something better.... Mate really... Are you paying him/her?

Imixmuan
Aug 26, 2011, 10:29 PM
..is his name. He is an absolute godsend to anyone using a PPC mac, the only thing between us and browser obsolescence. I don't count Camino, cause frankly that's been obsolete for awhile now. He also is the main force behind Classilla, the only thing keeping Mac OS 9 from complete and utter obsolescence.

In addition to being a demon programmer he's also a medical doctor, in the daytime he heals the sick, raises the dead and casts out Pseudomonas. If you don't know what a Pseudomona's are, take a microbiology class at your local community college. And cut the doc some slack.

cocacolakid
Aug 27, 2011, 01:23 AM
..is his name. He is an absolute godsend to anyone using a PPC mac, the only thing between us and browser obsolescence. I don't count Camino, cause frankly that's been obsolete for awhile now. He also is the main force behind Classilla, the only thing keeping Mac OS 9 from complete and utter obsolescence.

I really appreciate all the work he does, TFF is fantastic. He released 6.0 shortly after Mozilla released 6.0 of FF, he's really on the ball. I don't know how much fine tuning he has to do for every release, but he is a godsend for Mac lovers.

raysfan81
Aug 27, 2011, 07:09 AM
I really appreciate all the work he does, TFF is fantastic. He released 6.0 shortly after Mozilla released 6.0 of FF, he's really on the ball. I don't know how much fine tuning he has to do for every release, but he is a godsend for Mac lovers.

Agreed. We would be in trouble without him!

Robertus
Aug 29, 2011, 08:00 AM
Fire up terminal, on the prompt put in;

machine

and the it will give you the specific CPU that you have.

HTH.

Thank you! :D

----------

Also just a great way to get the developers attention with an angry post. I am sure this would entise him to develop further on ppc. Nice job there. Please change your commenting system to something better.... Mate really... Are you paying him/her?

Dude, his blog's commenting system is not letting me preview or leave a comment to remark anything about TFF, even I have a Blogger account and have signed in already. Which is precisely the reason I started this thread in frustration because of his blog's commenting system (and trying to find out if my PPC is 7400 or 7450 but couple other here replied with help... appreciated!).

----------

Agreed! :)

zen.state
Aug 29, 2011, 11:01 AM

I agree 100%. If someone has an issue with any free app then learn to code and make it just the way you want.

His blog doesn't need to be up to anyones standards but his own. Some people need a thing called perspective.

In-Correct
Aug 31, 2011, 04:22 PM
it down for a while.

Due to circumstances beyond our control, services hosted on Floodgap servers are temporarily down or redirected
This is due to our ISP, Time Warner, being unable to install our new line within a prompt interval while we were migrating our data center. We hope this can be accomplished within 5-7 days.

The inconvenience is regretted

must try to have patience with open source and hobby communities.

react os
aros exec
mac garden
floodgap

etc.

they do have downtime. :confused:

but if not for them, we would all be stuck with the bloatware trend. :mad: :rolleyes: :eek: ;)

I think Cameron is too busy still updating the browsers...that he can't respond in time. :confused: ;)

Imixmuan
Aug 31, 2011, 11:04 PM
is Time Warner Cable, he moved houses recently and they promised a T1 line install and did not deliver. He is going to sue Time Warner and is going with another company to put one in, so Tenfourfox.com should be back up soon, check it daily. Working at the back of a Starbucks on a ibook G4 after work he's got the 6.0.1 out, and is already hard at work at 7.0. All of this info is on his development blog, which is quite technical (still don't really understand what a nanojit is, but pretty sure I like it) but also quite entertaining at times.

Seriously, the dude deserves a medal or something.

MacHamster68
Sep 1, 2011, 05:44 AM
i already said a couple month ago he deserves a GBE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_British_Empire)
for getting our PPC Mac's back to enjoy the internet with a up to date browser

piquant
Sep 2, 2011, 12:03 PM
I just registered to post in another Topic line about how TenFourFox (http://tenfourfox.blogspot.com/) completely brought my G4 back to life. As long as were posting directly to
the developer... I for one would like to give my sincerest thanks. And please dont stop. I am going to help alot of people out with your software.

THANK YOU TenFourFox (http://tenfourfox.blogspot.com/)!!!

Robertus
Sep 5, 2011, 06:22 AM
I agree 100%. If someone has an issue with any free app then learn to code and make it just the way you want.

His blog doesn't need to be up to anyones standards but his own. Some people need a thing called perspective.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? :confused:

I stated "Dude, his blog's commenting system is not letting me preview or leave a comment to remark anything about TFF, even I have a Blogger account and have signed in already."

That's my issue with his blog's commenting app, not his blog. How should I convey my question or issue about TFF by leaving my comment? Smoke signals? Morse code? Cold calling people where the TFF developer lives?
:mad:

zen.state
Sep 5, 2011, 07:39 AM
That's my issue with his blog's commenting app, not his blog. How should I convey my question or issue about TFF by leaving my comment? Smoke signals? Morse code? Cold calling people where the TFF developer lives?
:mad:

You act as if it's your right to contact this guy. If you can't contact him then you can't. Simple as that. You even hint at calling his home?? Are you a stalker? It isn't your birthright to be able to contact him. Get it?

The questions you had for him are also extremely remedial and could have been answered by a google search. Also, making a post to the developer on some random Mac site is also really reaching. How do you know if he has even been here before?

You're way way out in left field in your thinking in general it seems and you need to gain perspective on a few basic life issues and remedial Mac knowledge.

garycurtis
Sep 5, 2011, 10:30 AM
I, too, gave up trying to get an answer on the TenFourFox blog. That concerned restoring old bookmarks from a backup drive. Then two months ago every newspaper url and videos on YouTube stopped working completely.

My Flash and my Java weren't current, said the messages. I just figured that the browser was free, so I had no cause to complain. I experimented and installed Safari, of all things. Works better than anything ever has. A little slower than TFF, but what the hell

My machine is a Sawtooth G4 Tower, with a 1.7 Ghz CPU and 2 megs of RAM.

Oh, the key to resolving the bookmark problem was identifying the file name and path on my backup data. It is: users>username>library>application assistants>firefox> ?something data>?something bookmarks

MAC MAN JW
Sep 9, 2011, 06:49 PM

I posted on his blog you are looking for him :) so now he knows :D

Robertus
Sep 12, 2011, 08:27 AM
You act as if it's your right to contact this guy. If you can't contact him then you can't. Simple as that. You even hint at calling his home?? Are you a stalker? It isn't your birthright to be able to contact him. Get it?

The questions you had for him are also extremely remedial and could have been answered by a google search. Also, making a post to the developer on some random Mac site is also really reaching. How do you know if he has even been here before?

You're way way out in left field in your thinking in general it seems and you need to gain perspective on a few basic life issues and remedial Mac knowledge.

Eeither the developer (Cameron) or someone else did promo'ed TenFourFox here in Mac forum some months ago. This is how I founded out TenFourFox for the first time in Macrumors forum.

----------

I posted on his blog you are looking for him :) so now he knows :D

Thank you, I appreciate that! :D

vohdoun
Sep 12, 2011, 02:58 PM
Where is the space graphic in the resources for the about window? I can't seem to find it.

I really detest that orange space thing.

MacSince1990
Sep 15, 2011, 12:53 PM

Especially since the question he's asking is pretty much answered in the FAQ. How can you not know what type of CPU you have... it says it right in the damn System Profiler. And XBench. And Photoshop. And a lot of other places. Wow.

----------

I, too, gave up trying to get an answer on the TenFourFox blog. That concerned restoring old bookmarks from a backup drive. Then two months ago every newspaper url and videos on YouTube stopped working completely.

My Flash and my Java weren't current, said the messages. I just figured that the browser was free, so I had no cause to complain. I experimented and installed Safari, of all things. Works better than anything ever has. A little slower than TFF, but what the hell

My machine is a Sawtooth G4 Tower, with a 1.7 Ghz CPU and 2 megs of RAM.

Oh, the key to resolving the bookmark problem was identifying the file name and path on my backup data. It is: users>username>library>application assistants>firefox> ?something data>?something bookmarks

>_> if you upgraded to TFF 6.0 or later that would be why. It's been well-publicized and announced that TFF no longer supports plugins, flash included. Go back to 5.0 if you need it

vohdoun
Sep 15, 2011, 08:16 PM
>_> if you upgraded to TFF 6.0 or later that would be why. It's been well-publicized and announced that TFF no longer supports plugins, flash included. Go back to 5.0 if you need it

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1226744