Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
Aside from the great price I got from Bestbuy along with a free Apple TV, I have versions of software like MS office that won't work with Lion. It's something to consider when you are shopping for the MBA. I bought the basic 2010 11 inch for $750 with Bestbuy's same as cash deal for 18 months, far better than what Apple is offering, finance-wise. No, I'm not a BB employee. Also Lion seems troublesome and for now I prefer trusty 10.6.8. I'll stay with it on all my macs until Lion is really stable.

zerind

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2011
I haven't had any issues with Office 2011 on my '11 MBA. What issues are there?

Aside from the great price I got from Bestbuy along with a free Apple TV, I have versions of software like MS office that won't work with Lion. It's something to consider when you are shopping for the MBA. I bought the basic 2010 11 inch for $750 with Bestbuy's same as cash deal for 18 months, far better than what Apple is offering, finance-wise. No, I'm not a BB employee. Also Lion seems troublesome and for now I prefer trusty 10.6.8. I'll stay with it on all my macs until Lion is really stable.

misterneums

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2009

I'm glad you're happy with your purchase. Best Buy is definitely the way to go for us guys/gals who can't afford to pay all at once, and would rather have deferred financing.

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
I upgraded Lion on my 2007 iMac, 2010 13" MBA and now I got the new 11" that came with it.

I am very happy with Lion. The track pad gestures are awesome. I think it is really stable overall. A few miss open applications 1 out of 100 maybe but that has been it for me.

Not to Mention. Lion seems made for the 11" You don't know what you are missing. You have the USB stick so as they say "Just Do it"

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
These boards are full of enthusiasts that are pretty demanding. I had a 2010 running office 11...worked fine.....now I have a 11 MBA running the same office 11.....it works fine too.....LION IS NOT PROBLEMATIC...for normal computer users.

Glad you like your 10....I liked mine....but it sound like you're trying to talk yourself into liking it......no reason to do that....

mechanopony

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2010
Has anyone had any issues with Adobe programs? I've been considering getting the new MacBook Air 13.3" but need to run the Creative Suite without issues.

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
I am running office 2008 with Lion on both iMac and MBA. I have not had a single problem with Word, Excel or Powerpoint. And I use it daily.

reputationZed

macrumors 65816
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Great price, glad you got such a good deal. When I read the title of this post I figured it would be about gaming and the GPU, I hadn't really considered legacy software.

ybz90

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
I'm really glad you like your computer! Frankly, all that matters is you enjoy your purchase, not what anyone else on the internet says.

That said, I'll be one of those people and say personally, I would pay the extra few hundred for the 2011 model as it is more suitable for my needs (I don't game on the go, and do a lot of programming and # crunching). Also, if Thunderbolt does take off, that could be a lifesaver for me. Still waiting for the 13 base model to go on sale at Amazon again though, to use my 20%.... :(

jesterscourt

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2009
Has anyone had any issues with Adobe programs? I've been considering getting the new MacBook Air 13.3" but need to run the Creative Suite without issues.

If you are cost-conscious and a student, remember you get substantial discounts for the Teacher & Student edition.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
I upgraded Lion on my 2007 iMac, 2010 13" MBA and now I got the new 11" that came with it.

I am very happy with Lion. The track pad gestures are awesome. I think it is really stable overall. A few miss open applications 1 out of 100 maybe but that has been it for me.

Not to Mention. Lion seems made for the 11" You don't know what you are missing. You have the USB stick so as they say "Just Do it"

The usb sti k i have is not for lion. How do i get it?
Tnx

----------

I haven't had any issues with Office 2011 on my '11 MBA. What issues are there?

But i have office 2004 and it doesnt work with lion. I actually only use word.

----------

I'm glad you're happy with your purchase. Best Buy is definitely the way to go for us guys/gals who can't afford to pay all at once, and would rather have deferred financing.

I can afford but why pay cash when you can pay over 18 months

Typswif2fingers

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2010
Dubai, UAE
As long as you are happy with your purchase, that's all that matter.

When it comes to opinions about subjective matters, generally, yours is better than anyone else's... because it is yours. :)

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
Quote "The usb sti k i have is not for lion. How do i get it?
Tnx"

I meant you have the USB drive of Snow Leopard, so if you really did not like the results of Lion then you have a quick back.

But if your sticking with Office 04 that is the stopper.

calvol

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011

Good move, unless you're crunching numbers or rendering video all day, you won't notice a difference, and enjoy the longer battery life and cooler operating temps.

jokemjokester

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2009

how'd you get a free Apple TV?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.