Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
My apple wireless mouse is officially on its way out. I don't really like the track pad so I am unsure whether to buy a wireless mouse again or some other bluetooth mouse. Any suggestions?

ryNze

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2011
I personally dislike the magic mouse. I went ahead and got a razer orochi for my MBA. Loving it so far!

cdustybk

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2011
It's totally up to you. Only you know what you like. I personally love Apple's multi-touch features on their mouse, and it works wonders with my Mac.

My suggestion, if you plan on upgrading to Lion, get the Magic mouse

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
I'd just get a standard mouse. I find the Magic Mouse really awkward to hold, and uncomfortable to use for long periods of time. I've got a logitech m505 (or something like that) and it's decent, although is a bit aggressive with the battery saving. I have used a full-sized logitech wireless that is actually really nice. Plus it's half what the Magic mouse costs.

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
Although the magic mouse looks great, I'm not a fan. I like physical buttons and scroll wheels. That said, I've been using various Logitech's for the past few years. Before that, Microsoft.

Lennyvalentin

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2011
I got the magic mouse pretty much only because it's really low-profile, so it slips into a carrying case really easily, and, uh, it's got the Apple look as well (I happen to like their general design, and the way their gadgets match in appearance across product lines. Yes, I know that's a fairly dumb reason to buy something, but a mouse isn't terribly expensive even if there's an apple logo on it.)

It's no good for serious gaming; you can play Portal and some casual games with it and that's pretty much it since it doesn't handle both mouse buttons pressed at the same time (they're both in reality just one hardware button with right-click being emulated through the touch surface). Also, the mouse needs extra software emulation to handle middle button clicks. That's a bit crap methinks, but oh well...

At least it looks good. :rolleyes:

Sankersizzle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2010
Canadadada
once i got used to the multitouch gestures on the magic mouse, i couldn't use any other mouse without swiping at it like a fool, slowly and sadly realizing that i will have to use some other method of paging back and forth/zooming. i love my magic mouse. it slips into a knapsack easy as pie too. it is ridiculously low slung, though.

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2010
Logitech or Razor for me. Have a Mighty Mouse in a drawer some where, I forced myself to use for about 6 months but never came to like it.

This^

The razer Deathadder is pretty cheap and good or any logitech mouse, it depends on your mouse preference i.e. the mobile logitech mice (V470) are tiny and i can only click with fingers as my whole hand doesn't fit onto the mouse but it uses bluetooth and my mbp has a limited amount of Usb ports.

JerZyT28

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2011
i was actually going to buy another Magic Mouse so when I go TDY to different places, mainly because i like to have a bit more freedom moving my arrow. But for the price, i'll probably just use my cheap usb mouse.

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
I find Apple's touchpad on my MBP & MBA laptops unbeatable. In fact I've never used a mouse with any of my Mac laptops over the years. I can't help but wonder why people use a mouse with a laptop period. What comes to mind is just that they haven't taken the time to learn how to use & enjoy what Apple provides.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.