PDA

View Full Version : What do people think?

G.T.
Aug 20, 2011, 10:49 AM
Hey,

I have not updated my flickr for a quite a while. I have added 9 new photos (the first 9 in the stream) and wonder what peoples opinions are on them, good/bad/ok. Is there anything you would have done differently

http://www.flickr.com/photos/garrethtigwell/

Let me know what you think. Feel free to comment on flickr if you wish.

(p.s. add me as a contact if you want, not many of my friends have flickr so don't have many people coming to check out my pictures)

udontno
Aug 20, 2011, 11:08 AM
I think they're good... I love the mushroom picture.

G.T.
Aug 20, 2011, 11:27 AM
I think they're good... I love the mushroom picture.

Thanks the bit of grass on it annoys me, I took it off and have more shots but this one I prefer. Might photoshop it out and see what it looks like. Do you think it detracts from the image?

NeGRit0
Aug 20, 2011, 12:05 PM
Do you think it detracts from the image?

I dont.

jackerin
Aug 20, 2011, 12:38 PM
Three overexposed moon-pictures with basically the same scene... try lowering the exposure to get detail in the moon.

Night-sky where I don't know if it's noise or stars I'm seeing.

The HDR is just messy. (As most HDRs usually are.)

The hen, lake and flower could use a bit more contrast.

01jamcon
Aug 20, 2011, 04:20 PM
The moon pictures aren't that great, they're all lacking detail in the silhouettes and composition isn't right.

My favourites are easily the hen and the HDR. I love the sharpness and the look in the hen's eyes combined with the very narrow depth of field. It could maybe pop more with added contrast but I guess that the picture reflects the natural lighting more accurately.

I dunno what the other poster was talking about with the HDR looking messy, looks good to me. Btw, I really liked the dog picture for similar reasons as the hen pic, but those are fairly standard compositions so push yourself to try to take pictures in new ways, some will work, some won't. Best of luck.

G.T.
Aug 20, 2011, 05:45 PM
The moon pictures aren't that great, they're all lacking detail in the silhouettes and composition isn't right.

My favourites are easily the hen and the HDR. I love the sharpness and the look in the hen's eyes combined with the very narrow depth of field. It could maybe pop more with added contrast but I guess that the picture reflects the natural lighting more accurately.

I dunno what the other poster was talking about with the HDR looking messy, looks good to me. Btw, I really liked the dog picture for similar reasons as the hen pic, but those are fairly standard compositions so push yourself to try to take pictures in new ways, some will work, some won't. Best of luck.

Thanks, to be fair I should probably not bother with moon pictures as I only have a 20mm pancake so can't really room in to get a good shot.

----------

Night-sky where I don't know if it's noise or stars I'm seeing.

Well there are stars but the really small dots are noise, tbh I don't care about noise in this one as the subject is more important. I never thought I'd see a planet that big/seem this close, especially one so far away in our solar system.