Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Antowns

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Hi all,

I'm downloading the 10.7.1 update and it mentions Safari, has anyone noticed the issues detailed previously in other threads about performance when using Safari after installing this update? I really hope the issues have been sorted as I'm very eager to get back to using it.

Ant

TheBuffather

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2009
Orlando, FL
I am running the 10.7.2 developer's version. I have noticed that, after about a day of Safari running without exit, Safari Web Content (as seen in the Activity Monitor) is using about 1GB of memory). So, I would assume memory issues are not fixed in .1, nor in .2.

However, with that said, I am not experiencing any unusual slow downs, even with Photoshop and a few other web design apps open.

In Utopia

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2008
Hi all,

I'm downloading the 10.7.1 update and it mentions Safari, has anyone noticed the issues detailed previously in other threads about performance when using Safari after installing this update? I really hope the issues have been sorted as I'm very eager to get back to using it.

Ant
I'm having problems with it consuming over 100% cpu and over 2gig real memory, and not shutting down without using force quit.
Using Firefox until there's a fix.
Apple help said it's a known problem.........but only with me?

lwien

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
I don't believe that the memory issue with Safari is a universal problem. I've had Safari running all day under 10.7.1 and the memory usage is as follows with one tab open:

Safari 169.7 MB
Safari Web Content 143.1 MB

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
Mine keeps crashing my iMac, very random, when I go to a website, sometimes it's ok but sometimes, it crashes my iMac. I've never experience this many crashes since I upgraded to Lion's Safari. Anybody else experiencing this too? Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I guess I can use other browser until Safari gets fixed. :mad:

Antowns

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Well previously I was having issues with it, after installing the update it won't hurt to give it a try I suppose. I'll report any issues that I find but I'm feeling very pessimistic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.