Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iFitzgerald

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Ponta Delgada, Azores, Portugal
Hi.

So I got some cds laying around here which I used a couple of years ago to back up some of my music. I was backing them up to an external HD when I was on Snow Leopard. I had no problems at all, I would just pop the cds into the drive and copy paste the folders with all the files to my external HD.

But on Lion I can't do that. When I try to copy I get a message saying "The items on the Clipboard can't be pasted to this location. One or more of the items may have been deleted or are no longer available." and I only get an OK button. When I go to the CD icon on the desktop, I double click it and a window pops up where I can see the folders, but there are no files inside any of the folders. Using Command+I shows that the folders are 0 bytes...

This happens on my 2008 20" iMac and on my 2010 15" MacBook Pro. I then decided to pop the cds on the drive of my father's Windows 7 Compaq and the files appear and I can even listen to the songs too.

Anyone has any clues on this issue? Thank you for any help you can provide...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.