Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nph

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 9, 2005
I just noticed that Caffeine that I downloaded doesn't work on my new MBA with Lion. Also Parallels desktop on my MBA doesn't run my RC sim Phoenix either.

Is it just me or is Lion breaking quite a few programs right now?

Really like my new MBA but would have preferred it with now Leopard for now.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I just noticed that Caffeine that I downloaded doesn't work on my new MBA with Lion. Also Parallels desktop on my MBA doesn't run my RC sim Phoenix either.

Is it just me or is Lion breaking quite a few programs right now?

Really like my new MBA but would have preferred it with now Leopard for now.

I haven't used Caffeine, but Parallels released an update a few weeks ago. You need to be running Parallels Desktop 6. There are still some known bugs that they are working on (e.g. it has a tendency to start VMs automatically when you load PD).

Every OS X update has broken compatibility with some applications, and required updates to fix bugs. Apple isn't like Microsoft, which devotes significant resources into making sure as many older applications as possible will run. Even there, however, there are compatibility issues, particularly with utilities, between XP, Vista, and 7, and between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of each.

nph

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 9, 2005
I am using the latest release of parallels but I get just a black screen running Phoenix 3 in XP Windows 7 under parallels and inXP it just quits right after it starts...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.