PDA

View Full Version : Where's my HD movie on the iMac?

Cams
Aug 21, 2011, 05:16 PM
I just bought an HD movie on iTunes for playback on my Apple TV2. I now have the movie twice in my iTunes library, one HD and one standard def. The HD version plays only on the iMac, not on the Apple TV. If I right-click the HD version, there is no option for view in finder and only the SD version is in the iTunes / Movies folder

So how come the HD version won't play on the Apple TV? I paid extra for that so I could watch on my Apple TV. And where is the HD version of the file on the iMac's hard drive?

Thanks

slothrob
Aug 22, 2011, 12:30 PM
On the aTV, do you have "HD" selected in the Settings>General>iTunes Store>Video Resolution menu?

When I go to Computers>Movies or TV Shows, I see the HD movies I bought from iTunes listed with "HD" written next to them.

Cams
Aug 22, 2011, 03:39 PM
Yep, I just checked that setting on the Apple TV and it's set to HD. It isn't showing up on my device at all. Just the iMac. I think I'll need to get onto Apple about it. Google isn't coming up with anything either.

tbayrgs
Aug 22, 2011, 04:11 PM
Did you try using the Search function in Finder or Spotlight?

slothrob
Aug 23, 2011, 05:11 AM
You might want to try downloading the new iTunes update. It claims to fix a problem with purchased HD content.