Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

method526

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2011
hey macrumors! to anyone with the e13ctron hybrid case: has anyone experienced unusual battery drainage? i went from 99% at the beginning of work to 50% once i finished my shift (10am - 7pm. approx. 9 hours). my phone was idle most of the time. i've never experienced such battery drainage with my old belkin case or even caseless. any ideas? could it be because my 3G and 2G signals keep interchanging back and forth? i have also noticed that my data speed has reduced to an all time slow.

applegirl81

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2011
It is most likely happening because your phone is searching harder for a signal and its burning up the battery. From what you say, I would bet money on it. Take the case back off and test it again and if the battery comes back then get your money back. I never had much luck with e13 either.
hey macrumors! to anyone with the e13ctron hybrid case: has anyone experienced unusual battery drainage? i went from 99% at the beginning of work to 50% once i finished my shift (10am - 7pm. approx. 9 hours). my phone was idle most of the time. i've never experienced such battery drainage with my old belkin case or even caseless. any ideas? could it be because my 3G and 2G signals keep interchanging back and forth? i have also noticed that my data speed has reduced to an all time slow.

jbromer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MD, USA
I agree. This happened to me too. I lost about 10-20 db with that case and the phone was constantly flipping from 3G to the older network. My battery plummeted. Had to return it. It's a shame because it is a nice case.

FWIW, I have a CDMA iPhone and the Element Vapor Pro has worked flawlessly for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.