PDA

View Full Version : FREE repair for MDD PowerMac G4

MrCheeto
Aug 21, 2011, 11:10 PM
I'm asking for a favor.

I'm offering a free repair to the first person to arrange shipping/meeting for the PowerMac G4 Mirror Door Drive.

This is only for PowerMac MDD's that have a failed power supply.

How do you know if your power supply is bad? If you press the button to start up your PowerMac and it does absolutely nothing (as if it is unplugged) then chances are extremely likely that the flawed power supply model has finally failed.

Why is this free?

I'm looking for a project for my blog. I've successfully installed a standard ATX supply into an MDD with no problems! Now I want to do so again but beyond the experimental stage!

Drawbacks: You won't be able to use the ADC (Apple Display Connector) to power your Apple Display. Though, the DVI or other video ports will work just fine.

Benefits: All PowerMac MDD Power Supplies are flawed and have a shorter lifespan. With a standard ATX power supply, the lifespan is increased greatly!

Terms: All you pay for is the Power Supply (Approximately $70) and 1-way of the shipping and I will pay the return shipping.

This is a completely free service in return for material for my blog. The link is below in my signature. PM for details.

Thanks for anybody that can help out.