Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FiddlersHope

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2009
Hi,

Since upgrading to Lion, my Wi-Fi is dropping signal constantly. sometimes I get a (!) sign, sometimes it shows my connection signal as fine when in fact it's not.
I updated to 10.7.1, rebooted my computer & router, tried to setup my connection again, changed location, changed service order, added DNS servers and manually defined the IP address, loaded up Terminal and pinged websites (that last one really did not impress the Lion). nothing worked.
It is now impossible for me to work with my iMac. so before I have a nervous meltdown:
Please, oh please, do tell me there is a solution.

Thank you!
Tomas.

Yaboze

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2007
The Garden State
I am having wifi issues on my Macbook with Lion. It will show it as connected, but the internet doesn't work.

Today I turned on my Macbook when I got home to get the iTunes update. The software update found it and then prompted me to install.

It then sat there and said it couldn't connect to the server. Hmmm, ok. So I run Chrome and I can't hit any websites. Other computers are home are fine.

So I just turn off wifi and turn it back on and then it's working again.

Wifi has been really flaky since Lion. :confused:

i4k20c

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2005
me too brotha, me too.

definitely not the apple experience we are all used to. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.