Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
Hi,

I've had my iMac for about two months now, and I'm totally happy with it. The best Mac I've ever had.

However, I have some issues with the WiFi.

My Macbook Pro from 2009 could easily download with 5-6 MB/s, but the iMac doesn't go above 3 MB/s, sometimes it's not even reaching 2 MB/s.

Both the iMac and Macbook Pro are in the same room, 8 inches from each other, so it's not a placement issue.

Anyone else noticing slow WiFi speeds on their iMacs?

CIMA

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2011
Same thing happened to me. All windows comp in my home will run at 12mbps but the imac was not going over 3mbps. I end up buying a new router and that fixed the problem. The original router was a Netgear G router and was working fine till I got the iMac. I switched to a Linksys dual band N router and now the iMac is running fine.

I hate to replace something that still works so I am not too happy about it but for what I have read there is no other way to fix the problem.

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
I actually have a dual band Cisco Linksys 802.11n router, and it shows 80% signal strength.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.