PDA

View Full Version : Work on Apple's iPhone 5 Ads Reportedly Set to Wrap in Early October

MacRumors
Aug 23, 2011, 03:44 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/08/23/work-on-apples-iphone-5-ads-reportedly-set-to-wrap-in-early-october/)

http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2011/08/iphone5-3-500x375.jpg

In line with reports (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/08/23/sprint-to-join-att-and-verizon-in-offering-iphone-5-at-mid-october-launch/) that the iPhone 5 will debut in "mid-October", AppleInsider reports (http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/08/23/apple_starts_work_on_iphone_5_ad_spots_wont_finish_till_october_sources.html) that Apple and its longtime advertising partner TBWA/Chiat/Day are beginning work on an advertising campaign to support the new device, with production on the first round of television commercials said to be wrapping up in the first week of October.More specifically, one person familiar with the matter says that filming for the television spots is taking place out in Los Angeles in conjunction with the iPhone maker's long-time ad agency TBWAChiatDay.

However, a second person with a proven track record notes that the production schedules for the first-run campaign isn't slated to wrap up until the middle of the first week of October.iPhone 5 rumors seem to be coalescing around a late September to mid October timeframe, with Apple potentially holding a media event near the early end of that window and product availability coming on one of the first two Fridays in October: the 7th or the 14th.

Article Link: Work on Apple's iPhone 5 Ads Reportedly Set to Wrap in Early October (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/08/23/work-on-apples-iphone-5-ads-reportedly-set-to-wrap-in-early-october/)

Frankied22
Aug 23, 2011, 04:05 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'll believe it when I see it. A mid September announcement and late september availability in the U.S. is still what I'm thinking.

MiWall81
Aug 23, 2011, 04:14 PM
I'm currently using the Jitterbug phone and, although the buttons on it are huge and more for old people that can't see more than a foot away, I'm pretty happy with it! I can even change the dial tone sounds! I hear the iPhone can get the Internet or something. That's kinda cool I guess...!

Megagator
Aug 23, 2011, 04:57 PM
No connection here. iPad 2 ads didn't air till almost a month later.

Yumunum
Aug 23, 2011, 05:02 PM
I can't stand all this waiting... I just want the iPhone 5 and the Nexus Prime to be released so I can make my decision.

hobo.hopkins
Aug 23, 2011, 05:25 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'll believe it when I see it. A mid September announcement and late september availability in the U.S. is still what I'm thinking.

I certainly hope that's the case. I can't see them prolonging the release of the next iPhone until any later than the first week in October.

Bwilky
Aug 23, 2011, 06:07 PM
I'm going to laugh real hard if it doesn't have a larger screen.

I8P'CS
Aug 23, 2011, 06:46 PM
Getting tiresome now just want the phone released so I can upgrade. If the screen is not bigger it means I've wasted my time waiting as I don't play game but yes it for business browsing etc. Hurry up plz. Last time I wait for a product. Ridiculous

Yumunum
Aug 23, 2011, 07:22 PM
Getting tiresome now just want the phone released so I can upgrade. If the screen is not bigger it means I've wasted my time waiting as I don't play game but yes it for business browsing etc. Hurry up plz. Last time I wait for a product. Ridiculous

Agreed. There's a very good chance I will NOT buy the iPhone 5 if the screen isn't bigger. If the Nexus Prime truly does have a 4.7-inch screen, I can't wait. I'd switch back to Android and hopefully Ice Cream Sandwich will be a good update.

cvaldes
Aug 23, 2011, 07:34 PM
Take your time, Apple. Get it right. Only fools would want you to rush product out the door.

isoMorpheus
Aug 23, 2011, 08:53 PM
I wonder who generated the iPhone 5 model, does MacRumors have a faculty focusing on graphical speculation now?

cvaldes
Aug 23, 2011, 09:18 PM
It looks more like an iPod touch anyhow.

Gjwilly
Aug 23, 2011, 10:44 PM
I wonder who generated the iPhone 5 model, does MacRumors have a faculty focusing on graphical speculation now?

CiccareseDesign

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/08/10/this-could-be-what-apples-iphone-5-looks-like/

isoMorpheus
Aug 23, 2011, 11:35 PM
CiccareseDesign

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/08/10/this-could-be-what-apples-iphone-5-looks-like/

Got it, thank you Gjwilly for the heads up.

wackymacky
Aug 23, 2011, 11:57 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Take your time, Apple. Get it right. Only fools would want you to rush product out the door.

I agree. It's been so long now, that the expectation is something meaningful, otherwise apple will deserve to be scoffed at.

gianlucalyk
Aug 24, 2011, 05:08 AM
i'm currently using the jitterbug phone and, although the buttons on it are huge and more for old people that can't see more than a foot away, i'm pretty happy with it! I can even change the dial tone sounds! I hear the iphone can get the internet or something. That's kinda cool i guess...!

:d

mattg3
Aug 24, 2011, 05:45 AM
Okay so at least one is coming but what about the ipod 5g?Absolute silence in this area.

Kilamite
Aug 24, 2011, 06:43 AM
Well, Apple likes to show off the associated ad when they launch a new product at a keynote, so I'm guessing we won't see a media event or iPhone announcement until this ad's schedule is complete.

Nickraphael
Aug 24, 2011, 07:13 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

At least one firm knows how the new iPhone will look like

toddybody
Aug 24, 2011, 07:49 AM
Advertising for an iPhone? Talk about an easy job

Digital Skunk
Aug 24, 2011, 08:06 AM
Agreed. There's a very good chance I will NOT buy the iPhone 5 if the screen isn't bigger. If the Nexus Prime truly does have a 4.7-inch screen, I can't wait. I'd switch back to Android and hopefully Ice Cream Sandwich will be a good update.

Take it easy there, we don't approve of anyone here that wants to make choices. You either take what Apple gives you or don't post on MRs.

Seriously thought I 100% agree. I've used and sold more iPhones than most fanatical iPhone junkies have since day 1 and I truly can't stand using that tiny screen.

Anything less than 4" and it's pretty much a toy. The iPhone 5 needs a bigger screen.

CodeCowboy
Aug 24, 2011, 09:06 AM
Steve Jobs walks across the stage, the crowd goes wild.

After a minute or two he holds up his hands and the crowd quiets down.

"Now, I've heard that you're looking forward to the iPhone 5!"

Crowd goes wild again.

"And what could be better than the current iPhone 4's screen resolution and size?"

Some wiseguy in the crowd yells, "A larger screen!"

Steve, in his usual pejorative way replies, "No, that's what our competitors are doing. No, we've taken it to a whole new level. We've removed the screen!"

An uneasy silence falls over the crowd.

A few fan boys start cheering.

Soon there is mild applause, which grows louder.

"You will no longer accidentally mistype texts, no longer accidentally open the wrong app, and we have simplified dialing by giving you ten physical buttons and TWO wildcard buttons!"

Cool-aid is handed out... Crowd drinks it... Crowd goes wild... iPhone 5 is a success... All other manufacturers start removing screens from their devices, even introducing rotary models.

Lefty Loco
Aug 24, 2011, 01:00 PM
Seems like just yesterday we were all clamoring for the tiniest phones possible. Now they just keep getting bigger. Pretty soon we'll have iPads strapped to our belts, lol.

Navdakilla
Aug 24, 2011, 02:13 PM
Love the soft soothing voice and calm commercials.. bring them onnn

iEnvy
Aug 24, 2011, 02:27 PM
Steve Jobs walks across the stage, the crowd goes wild.

After a minute or two he holds up his hands and the crowd quiets down.

"Now, I've heard that you're looking forward to the iPhone 5!"

Crowd goes wild again.

"And what could be better than the current iPhone 4's screen resolution and size?"

Some wiseguy in the crowd yells, "A larger screen!"

Steve, in his usual pejorative way replies, "No, that's what our competitors are doing. No, we've taken it to a whole new level. We've removed the screen!"

An uneasy silence falls over the crowd.

A few fan boys start cheering.

Soon there is mild applause, which grows louder.

"You will no longer accidentally mistype texts, no longer accidentally open the wrong app, and we have simplified dialing by giving you ten physical buttons and TWO wildcard buttons!"

Cool-aid is handed out... Crowd drinks it... Crowd goes wild... iPhone 5 is a success... All other manufacturers start removing screens from their devices, even introducing rotary models.

LOL that was a good laugh :D

I'm pretty sure Apple is going to upgrade hardware though

iRobby
Aug 24, 2011, 03:00 PM
MacRumors P L E A S E stop using that God awful mock up!! It is an oversized iPhone 3GS. Why would Apple revert back instead of going forward in design.

LAWDOGUSMC
Aug 25, 2011, 04:42 AM
I'm currently using the Jitterbug phone and, although the buttons on it are huge and more for old people that can't see more than a foot away, I'm pretty happy with it! I can even change the dial tone sounds! I hear the iPhone can get the Internet or something. That's kinda cool I guess...!

are you kidding me? time to leave behind the rock and concrete slate and enter the digital age!!! Dont be a victim of what the Darwinians called Natural Selection!!!

Yumunum
Aug 25, 2011, 04:51 AM
Take it easy there, we don't approve of anyone here that wants to make choices. You either take what Apple gives you or don't post on MRs.

Seriously thought I 100% agree. I've used and sold more iPhones than most fanatical iPhone junkies have since day 1 and I truly can't stand using that tiny screen.

Anything less than 4" and it's pretty much a toy. The iPhone 5 needs a bigger screen.

I'm sitting here with my Infuse... 4.5-inch, insanely bright display... Gosh how I wish I could be using this with iOS. I'm pretty worried Apple won't make the screen bigger, yet I'll get sucked into buying it anyways... *sigh* Here's to hoping there was a really good reason it's taking so long for the iP5

Digital Skunk
Aug 28, 2011, 02:19 PM
I'm sitting here with my Infuse... 4.5-inch, insanely bright display... Gosh how I wish I could be using this with iOS. I'm pretty worried Apple won't make the screen bigger, yet I'll get sucked into buying it anyways... *sigh* Here's to hoping there was a really good reason it's taking so long for the iP5

I am with you there. My ancient by phone standards HTC EVO's 4.3" screen is just fantastic, and after being "that-fanboy" for 4 years and "that-guy-working-at-Apple" for two years and "that-guy-teaching-professionals-how-to-use-iOS-and-Mac-OSX" for almost 6 years I have stayed away from the iPhone atmosphere knowing that the only thing it has on the competition (since 2009) is the app market.

iPhone 5 on sprint in the current design compared to even the EVO isn't going to move me. It needs larger screen . . . at least a 4 incher would compel me to give in to the full iOS ecosystem.

The only reason I can see for it taking so long is either the Jobs/Cook transition or the new phantasmagoric design of the iPhone 5 Pro with 4.3" Retina/OLED display and iOS5 which takes many cues from Android and WebOS making it a truly mobile platform.