Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iphone5-3-500x375.jpg

In line with reports that the iPhone 5 will debut in "mid-October", AppleInsider reports that Apple and its longtime advertising partner TBWA/Chiat/Day are beginning work on an advertising campaign to support the new device, with production on the first round of television commercials said to be wrapping up in the first week of October.
More specifically, one person familiar with the matter says that filming for the television spots is taking place out in Los Angeles in conjunction with the iPhone maker's long-time ad agency TBWAChiatDay.

However, a second person with a proven track record notes that the production schedules for the first-run campaign isn't slated to wrap up until the middle of the first week of October.
iPhone 5 rumors seem to be coalescing around a late September to mid October timeframe, with Apple potentially holding a media event near the early end of that window and product availability coming on one of the first two Fridays in October: the 7th or the 14th.

Article Link: Work on Apple's iPhone 5 Ads Reportedly Set to Wrap in Early October

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'll believe it when I see it. A mid September announcement and late september availability in the U.S. is still what I'm thinking.

MiWall81

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2011
My current phone...

I'm currently using the Jitterbug phone and, although the buttons on it are huge and more for old people that can't see more than a foot away, I'm pretty happy with it! I can even change the dial tone sounds! I hear the iPhone can get the Internet or something. That's kinda cool I guess...!

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.
I can't stand all this waiting... I just want the iPhone 5 and the Nexus Prime to be released so I can make my decision.

hobo.hopkins

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'll believe it when I see it. A mid September announcement and late september availability in the U.S. is still what I'm thinking.

I certainly hope that's the case. I can't see them prolonging the release of the next iPhone until any later than the first week in October.

I8P'CS

Suspended
Jul 29, 2010
Getting tiresome now just want the phone released so I can upgrade. If the screen is not bigger it means I've wasted my time waiting as I don't play game but yes it for business browsing etc. Hurry up plz. Last time I wait for a product. Ridiculous

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.
Getting tiresome now just want the phone released so I can upgrade. If the screen is not bigger it means I've wasted my time waiting as I don't play game but yes it for business browsing etc. Hurry up plz. Last time I wait for a product. Ridiculous

Agreed. There's a very good chance I will NOT buy the iPhone 5 if the screen isn't bigger. If the Nexus Prime truly does have a 4.7-inch screen, I can't wait. I'd switch back to Android and hopefully Ice Cream Sandwich will be a good update.

isoMorpheus

Jul 29, 2007
I wonder who generated the iPhone 5 model, does MacRumors have a faculty focusing on graphical speculation now?

wackymacky

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2007
38°39′20″N 27°13′10″W
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

cvaldes said:
Take your time, Apple. Get it right. Only fools would want you to rush product out the door.

I agree. It's been so long now, that the expectation is something meaningful, otherwise apple will deserve to be scoffed at.

gianlucalyk

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2011
Barcelona
i'm currently using the jitterbug phone and, although the buttons on it are huge and more for old people that can't see more than a foot away, i'm pretty happy with it! I can even change the dial tone sounds! I hear the iphone can get the internet or something. That's kinda cool i guess...!

:d

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Well, Apple likes to show off the associated ad when they launch a new product at a keynote, so I'm guessing we won't see a media event or iPhone announcement until this ad's schedule is complete.

Nickraphael

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

At least one firm knows how the new iPhone will look like

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Agreed. There's a very good chance I will NOT buy the iPhone 5 if the screen isn't bigger. If the Nexus Prime truly does have a 4.7-inch screen, I can't wait. I'd switch back to Android and hopefully Ice Cream Sandwich will be a good update.

Take it easy there, we don't approve of anyone here that wants to make choices. You either take what Apple gives you or don't post on MRs.

Seriously thought I 100% agree. I've used and sold more iPhones than most fanatical iPhone junkies have since day 1 and I truly can't stand using that tiny screen.

Anything less than 4" and it's pretty much a toy. The iPhone 5 needs a bigger screen.

CodeCowboy

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2011
Dallas, TX
Steve Jobs walks across the stage, the crowd goes wild.

After a minute or two he holds up his hands and the crowd quiets down.

"Now, I've heard that you're looking forward to the iPhone 5!"

Crowd goes wild again.

"And what could be better than the current iPhone 4's screen resolution and size?"

Some wiseguy in the crowd yells, "A larger screen!"

Steve, in his usual pejorative way replies, "No, that's what our competitors are doing. No, we've taken it to a whole new level. We've removed the screen!"

An uneasy silence falls over the crowd.

A few fan boys start cheering.

Soon there is mild applause, which grows louder.

"You will no longer accidentally mistype texts, no longer accidentally open the wrong app, and we have simplified dialing by giving you ten physical buttons and TWO wildcard buttons!"

Cool-aid is handed out... Crowd drinks it... Crowd goes wild... iPhone 5 is a success... All other manufacturers start removing screens from their devices, even introducing rotary models.

Lefty Loco

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2011
Florida
Seems like just yesterday we were all clamoring for the tiniest phones possible. Now they just keep getting bigger. Pretty soon we'll have iPads strapped to our belts, lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.