PDA

View Full Version : My Powerbook G4 Screen has gone green!

victoral.com
Aug 24, 2011, 08:51 AM
Hey everyone. I just turned on my powerbook g4 15" Al 1.5ghz and the screen has a greenish look to it. Now whites are slightly yellowish, blues are very light, and reds are darker.

Can anyone help?

I've been fiddling around with the display calibrator but to no avail. I really need some suggestions. Please!:confused:

MAC MAN JW
Aug 30, 2011, 11:15 AM
Hey everyone. I just turned on my powerbook g4 15" Al 1.5ghz and the screen has a greenish look to it. Now whites are slightly yellowish, blues are very light, and reds are darker.

Can anyone help?

I've been fiddling around with the display calibrator but to no avail. I really need some suggestions. Please!:confused:

It may be a bad/loose video cable,The screen itself can be going bad,or the graphics processing unit may not be working right in your laptop.:(

victoral.com
Sep 2, 2011, 06:16 PM
It may be a bad/loose video cable,The screen itself can be going bad,or the graphics processing unit may not be working right in your laptop.:(

Thanks Man I've Checked both the Display Data Cable and Display inverter and could not find anything. I still haven't checked the same cables inside the display hinge. Must be that. But I can't really tell. All I did was reseat these cable as mentioned on some guides, but no dice.

Thanks anyway your suggestion was really helpful.

Badrottie
Sep 4, 2011, 02:06 AM
time to put your pb on life support....look like it is dying..... :(