Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zunzeee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2011
Up until last week, I just drag pdf/audio/video files into the iPad icon in my iTunes. Now, what happens when I do that is the mouse pointer becomes unavailable, not only for my iPad folder but for all of iTunes as well :( . Also, when I try Edit --> Add File into Library, the files don't get added.

help D::apple:

----------

Up until last week, I just drag pdf/audio/video files into the iPad icon in my iTunes. Now, what happens when I do that is the mouse pointer becomes unavailable, not only for my iPad folder but for all of iTunes as well :( . Also, when I try Edit --> Add File into Library, the files don't get added.

help D::apple:

Oh and I'm using Windows Vista.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
So you can't drag files into iTunes? You need to drag it over your library for it to be added. As for the iPad, you need to make sure 'Manually manage music and videos' is checked so you can do exactly that.

zunzeee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2011
So you can't drag files into iTunes? You need to drag it over your library for it to be added. As for the iPad, you need to make sure 'Manually manage music and videos' is checked so you can do exactly that.

I already ticked Manually manage music and videos. It doesn't get added to iTunes in general. :(

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I already ticked Manually manage music and videos. It doesn't get added to iTunes in general. :(

Ticking that only allows you to manage on that device. It isn't for iTunes. As for why you can't add music to iTunes, I have no idea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.