Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Artmuzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
I am really impressed with my 11 inch MacBook Air. I am currently working on a track on Ableton Live and with 7 tracks the CPU meter is between 14% and 17% and that is with reverb effect on one track and phasers and delays on other tracks. This is really impressive considering the size of this baby is no more than the size of a netbook. The intel core i5 and 4GB ram makes a big difference. Propellerhead Reason 5 is also great on the MBA. I will be testing Logic Pro soon.:D

vazelos

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2011
I am really impressed with my 11 inch MacBook Air. I am currently working on a track on Ableton Live and with 7 tracks the CPU meter is between 14% and 17% and that is with reverb effect on one track and phasers and delays on other tracks. This is really impressive considering the size of this baby is no more than the size of a netbook. The intel core i5 and 4GB ram makes a big difference. Propellerhead Reason 5 is also great on the MBA. I will be testing Logic Pro soon.:D

yahooooooo, what kins of music you making there ?

vazelos

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2011
I really want to learn more about making tracks, I love house music and although I have no ambition of being a dj nor do I think I`ll be any good at it.. it does seem fun :) :D

Artmuzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
I'm more interested in making original music from scratch than DJing. THe music I do is a cross between 1980s electropop and ambient. The MacBook Air is a complete revelation in portable music making. My iPad is also a great music making tool on the move but Ableton Live, Reason and Logic Pro are more powerful DAWs and music making tools than the stuff on iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.