Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Borjan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
Hello again, another question..

So I have been editing a multitude of videos on an iMac, and now need to transfer them over my Macbook Air and work from there (since this is actually my own machine!)

On the iMac, I simply moved the FCPX events and projects from the iMac's internal drive to an external drive. I can then hook the external drive up to my MBA and FCPX sees them with no problem.

However, I had many custom titles and generators created using Motion on the iMac, which I haven't moved over. Hence there are sections in the footage that are blank. How do I move all the Motion files to make sure they work? Bear in mind, like I've said I've created generators and titles all under different categories...

I've copied over 'Motion Templates' that appears to have everything.. but can't see how to tell Motion on my MBA that its default directory should be on the external drive.

I've read up on this, but don't want to screw things up or make things more difficult for myself than I have to, so asking for help here!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.