Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrWaffles

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
Asheville
The wifi usually works at my house with regards to the iPad. Its the first iPad and my macbook is a mid 2010 pro. I can connect to it fine with both individually, but when I get on my mbp the iPad will not receive internet for more than a few minutes. It is connected to the network, but times out when loading a webpage. Im fairly certain it is a conflict resulting from the two being both wirelessly connected. The same thing happens with my girlfriends iPhone. It has to be my computer causing the problems. Any advice on this?

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
How many IP addresses are you allowing in your router? It sounds like it's set to 1. (It probably isn't). Are both the MBP and iPad both using the same static IP? Have you tried setting both to DHCP?

MrWaffles

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
Asheville
I changed it from DHCP to static and then back again, which seems to momentarily solved the problem. The router has always been fine with multiple devices connected to it (we used to let people use it at an apartment building because we had two). The iPad works fine on other networks and fine when my computer is not online.

Could it be that mail is open on both of them?

brianf800

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2011
Solution

Try this...go to router and disable Mixed Mode. I made this change a few months ago and I've never had my iPad or MacBook disconnect from the network since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.